Chapter 13

Blood Shot gracefully extended his hands towards Kimmy. Without hesitating she held on to it, Blood Shot pulled her to her feet. As she stood she no longer looked weak, and fragile, she looked strong and determined. "Why did you hide your face earlier Blood Shot?" Kimmy asked him. "I can't let anyone know I'm here. Your enemy, Darkness is keeping a close eye on me. I think you need to be the real you now," Blood Shot explained.

A slight laugh and smile crept onto Kimmy's face. She closed her eyes, and her power wash over her. Her red highlights began to glow and shine. Her clothes turned into her black leather jacket; leather trousers, black leather Goth boots and the black top. Her power grew further, it warmed her skin. She felt so much more power than she did before. Her fingers tightened, and sparks of red and yellow came out of them. She held her hand up towards the sky. The sparks eventually shot into the sky. It was like a firework show with the colours her power made. Blood Shot starred at the amazement at the power flowing through this woman in front of him. This was not the end of her powers, in a split second two black angel-dragon wings popped out of her back. And, once more Midnight Dragon was back alive and strong.

Midnight Dragon opened her eyes and saw Blood Shotlooking at her, but really looking at her, not just her beauty. Neither of themfelt any hate towards each other. BloodShot moved closer to Midnight Dragon still smiling with every step towards her. As he moved towards Midnight Dragon he could see and feel his heart glowing, under the blackened chains. She could sense that he wanted to do well and make amends. But, the chains around his heart made it difficult, it hurt him every time he was good. Blood Shot had to explain to her, somehow about the chains around his heart. He knew that if he doesn't then she may never fully understand, why he acts a certain way. Or even understand why he cares for her so much.

As soon as Blood Shot stood in front of Midnight Dragon, he wanted to bow. Before he could Midnight Dragon placed her hand on his cheek. As soon as her skin touched his, an electric surge flowed through both. The memories that she wanted so much returned to her. She finally knew who to trust, and what to do at last. Midnight Dragon placed a kiss softly on Blood Shot's cheek, before saying. "I must go, don't worry we will talk again. I will be safe, I promise." As she withdrew from Blood Shot he looked confused at her words. Midnight Dragon's wings took her high up into the air, and back to Kimmy's home.

Three months had passed since Midnight Dragon/Kimmy had returned to the land of the living. Once she had returned home, shekept a very low profile. She stopped going to school, it was not her prioritynow. Kimmy managed to contact the school and ask for some time off, due to Paul'sdeath. Kimmy knew that she had to be the real her. Only being her true self when she wastraining. She began to doher training at night, she could keep an eye outside for anyone watching her house. She knew that during the day was more dangerous for her, but she had to sleep at some point. After all she knew that Darkness had to rest at some point too. Even though it was dangerous in the day time, she only took power naps. But, they were frequent naps to keep up her strength and power.

During those three months Kimmy, didn't see Sean or Blood Shot. She knew in her heart she needed to protect one more than the other. She also knew that she couldn't let her emotions get the better of her, her focus was to train to beat Darkness. She needed Darkness to believe that she was still dead, but it was doubtful as they weren't human, but she had to have hope. Without hope she knew that she would fail.

Within those three months Darkness began pulling all their resources together, to build and create an army. A battle would soon be coming to Earth, and to Darkness, nothing could stop them. More and more days passed and new recruits were coming in, smelling of death and destruction, exactly what Darkness wanted. Everyone in Darkness's lair were smiling and their plans to take over Earth, were close to being finalised.