Chapter 14

The sky grew dark quickly, as Midnight Dragon looked out of Kimmy's window. She summoned a large red ball, which covered her, changing her back into Kimmy. No words emerged from her swollen lips. The battle had taken its toll on her, she never thought that her body could ache as much as it did. She never knew how challenging fighting not just for her life, but everyone else's life.

Kimmy ran herself a hot bath and washed the debris from her skin. She leaned against the cold porcelain tub, and drew in a deep breath. Flashbacks of the battle came screaming into her mind, the faces of the dead haunted her. The dead students at her school, seemed to have said her name as their last words, before they died. It was like she was their only hope, yet somehow, they knew she couldn't save all of them. But hope remained with them. She didn't even leave the bath until the water was ice cold. Even when the bath got ice cold, it took her a few moments to leave, the water seemed to soothe her aching body, but not her aching mind. It felt like she had returned to being numb again, she knew she had to resolve this devastating situation, even if this meant her own life.

Shestood back in her room, wrapped in a black fluffy bath robe, starring out ofher window once more. The hot bath helped her aching muscles, but the guiltcouldn't be washed away. She knew war was upon her, but she needed help if shewanted to win. But, she didn't know who to turn to. She didn't know if she hadany allies that were still alive, frustration ran through her. She was supposedto be awarrior but, how could she if she had no links to her allies? What good is a warrior with no allies, what hope could she bring to Earth let alone her own planet, Mars.

A bright silver light flooded her room, Kimmy braced herself for what was going to happen next. Too many people have come into her life, some in a similar way as this silver light. Kimmy was no longer afraid of strangers coming into her room, she was prepared. A figure seemed to be strolling out of the light. A woman stood before Kimmy, it wasn't her mother this time. This woman had soft caramel hair, one deep hazelnut eye the other was a sapphire blue. She stood before Kimmy in an emerald green dress, her skin was the same colour as Kimmy's. A smile was place on her face. "I am so proud of you, my baby sister. You have done so well. Before you ask I am your sister, Connie. I know you may feel helpless but, trust in your heart, it will not fail you. I wish I could be there with you, to help you," Connie spoke before leaving as quickly as she came. Kimmy stood in shock, she had just seen her sister for the first time, and she wished she didn't have to leave so soon. Seeing her sister had her feel a bit better, but she also felt lost. Kimmy didn't like having dead family members drop in and leave so suddenly, without Kimmy being able to ask for guidance or advice. It hurt too much. Too much pain came from these visits, and riddles seemed to always fly her way.

In Darkness's lair...

Meanwhile back at Darkness's lair, Blood Shot was healing Shadow Stalker, as she protested at him. "Why did you send me back so early? I nearly had him. Ice King was nearly ours," she screamed threw the pain. Blood Shot remained silent as he let his gift heal Shadow Stalker. "Yes, Blood Shot why did you send Shadow Stalker back? She like you have dedicated your lives to Darkness. So why did you stop her?" their master's voice asked.

Surprised to hear his master's voice, Blood Shot stumbled over what to say in his mind. The silence displeased the master of Darkness, a flash of yellow shocked Blood Shot. The power held him against the cold cave of Darkness. Deep cuts slashed against Blood Shot's skin. A shadowed figure approached him. Blood Shot felt his master's glare burn through him.

"You've lost your way. You are no use to me anymore. Love seems to have clouded your judgement, I know about you and Midnight Dragon. Don't take me for a fool, I know the past you had. I had a feeling you might try to start it up again, but I didn't think you would be so foolish," the master whispered. A cold chill went down Blood Shot's spine. He knew what was coming next. Before he knew what was happening, Blood Shot opened his mouth. "Shadow Stalker has been sleeping with Ice King," he blurted out. However, his master didn't listen to him. A white blast of light banished Blood Shot onto Earth, knocking him out cold as he landed on Earth.The master looked back at Shadow Stalker. "Bring Ice King to me, you nearly did it before. I know you can do it again, you don't have Blood Shot stopping you now," the master commanded before skulking away. Shadow Stalker bowed her head. She was shocked that Blood Shot tried to throw her under the bus as well, luckily for her the master didn't hear him. She smiled smugly to herself before leaving for Earth. She was happy that she had been trusted with this plan alone.