Chapter 16

Sean sat in his flatwondering why Kimmy hadn't got in contact with him yet. He wanted to know whyshe had kept a distance from him, what had he done wrong? The connection thatthey both had on Mars, wasn't as strong on Earth. Heartache had hit him, hefelt like a piece of him, had disappeared forever. Sean pondered over what couldhave caused Kimmy to ignore him, so much. Then the answer finally popped intohis head. Blood Shot. "You know he needs to be exposed as the liar he is. Findher and tell her everything," a soft gentle voice from above said. He also remembered what Shadow Stalker had told himthat she had given herself to someone else, it had to be Blood Shot. He had to plan to stop this, he knew what BloodShot was reallylike. Sean had seen his manipulated side before, he was sure that he was doing that once again.

Seiya stood watching over the sleeping Blood Shot. He felt uneasy having Blood Shot here. He also felt uneasy about Midnight Dragon going without him. Since she left he could no longer feel her since she left Earth. Doubt clouded his mind as well. The doubt seemed to be begin to consume him. Seiya just wanted Midnight Dragon back, before Darkness found out.

A white bright light filled the bedroom, and the connection between Seiya and Midnight Dragon returned. A few short seconds later and Midnight Dragon had returned into the bedroom. However, she did have a pained expression on her face. Seiya could see that she learnt some hard truths while she was away. "Did you find what you needed to learn?" Seiya asked her. Midnight Dragon nodded at Seiya, there was nothing left to say. Nothing she could say to make the pain of her past disappear. The journey had tired out Midnight Dragon, she nodded once more at Seiya. He seemed to understand and returned to his resting place. Blood Shot was still sound asleep, he looked peaceful. Midnight Dragon didn't want to disturb him, so she got into bed for just a quick nap, she thought.

A warm glow surrounded Midnight Dragon as sheslept. Power seemed to grow and deepen within her. An hour passed sinceMidnight Dragon had slipped into dreamland. Blood Shot stirred, and his eyesshot open. Very quickly he looked over and saw Midnight Dragon sleeping next tohim.She looked peaceful resting next to him, he smiled sweetly. Strength had returned to Blood Shot. Very carefully he climbed out of bed, and starred out of Kimmy's bedroom window. His eyes seemed to be scanning for something or someone. Blood Shot remained very still as he stood guard. He wanted to make sure that no harm would come to her, as she slept. He could now look after her, now he had to live on Earth.

Sean was walking by Kimmy's house when he looked up, and saw Blood Shot. Anger flooded through Sean. Somehow, he managed to walk by very quickly away. The anger had hit the limit within Sean, it took a lot for him not to storm into Kimmy's house. But, he knew that if he stormed into her house, she would be angry, and could even kick him out of the house, before he could do anything. He had to think of something else.

The night was drawing in very quickly. It was half past eight when Midnight Dragon woke up. She slowly lifted her head to see Blood Shot starring out of her window. Very quickly and quietly Midnight Dragon moved to stand behind Blood Shot.

Blood Shot didn't even notice that Midnight Dragon was awake, let alone standing behind him. Blood Shot was forced to turn around, a force made him turn. Before he could properly see who it was behind him, Midnight Dragon's lips were on his. Blood Shot relaxed when he knew it was Midnight Dragon, he deepened the kiss, and pulled Midnight Dragon into an embrace.Midnight Dragon broke the kiss and starred into Blood Shot's eyes. "I know about us, and what happened to us. I'm not going to let that happen again, I promise you. I love you Blood Shot," her words were soft but full of so much promise. Hearing the last three words coming out of Midnight Dragon's mouth, made Blood Shot's heart soar. A huge smile erupted on his face, he pulled her into a huge hug. "I'm so glad that you finally know the truth. I love you too, I have always loved you," Blood Shot whispered into her ear. A huge smile landed on Midnight Dragon's face, it felt exciting and natural to say I love you to Blood Shot, and for him to say it back to her. She always thought she knew how it would feel, when she heard someone tell her that they loved her. It didn't compare or come close to how she was feeling now, she was just filled with happiness.

The moment between them was almost perfect, untilMidnight Dragon's birthmark began to burn. Midnight Dragon and Blood Shotpulled away from each other, the heat was too much for them both. Seiyaappeared in front them both. "Midnight Dragon, Ice King has made a sign for youto go and discuss battle plans, immediately," Seiya informed her, beforedisappearing. A few seconds passed since Seiya had sent his message.Frustration flooded through Midnight Dragon and Blood Shot. "I should go, youknow that I would rather stay with you. Somehow, I will find a way to breakthis connection between me and him," Midnight Dragon explained to Blood Shot.Blood Shot'sface made him look like that he was in pain. Midnight Dragon pulled Blood Shot close to her, and stared into his eyes. "I need you to stay here, I won't be long. I promise," she told him.

Before Blood Shot could say anything, Midnight Dragon's wings appeared, and she launched herself out of the window and flew to Ice King. A stab of jealously hit him, he wanted to be the only one connected to her.

Meanwhile, Ice King stood in Sean's flat, he knew something needed to be done. A few moments passed then Midnight Dragon appeared. Ice King's face seemed to light up, as he looked at Midnight Dragon.

Midnight Dragon scanned the room she now stood in. Her guard had raised since she left Kimmy's home, and since the attacks on her life. "So, you called for me, I don't have a lot of time. I need to train so I am ready," Midnight Dragon spoke bluntly.

Ice King stood up, his cloak brushed against hislegs. He drew in a deep breath before speaking. "I walked passed yours, wellKimmy's earlier. I saw Blood Shot inside Kimmy's bedroom. I thought you were indanger, that's why I called for you. I mean we are meant to be together, wewere engaged. And, now it feels like you don't want to be near me, or haveanything to do with me," Ice King confessed. This is what Midnight Dragon wasafraid of. She closed her eyes before responding. "I've found out some moreabout my past and..." Before she could continue, aloud crack exploded through her head. Everything went black, and Midnight Dragon was unconscious.

Green sparks appeared from behind Midnight Dragon. Ice King didn't even look surprised. "You've done well Shadow Stalker, and Ice King," the loud booming voice said. Shadow Stalker came in from behind Midnight Dragon, a smug smile on her face. "We both can get what we want now. You get the fairytale ending with her, and I get my Blood Shot back," a sly voice came out of her mouth. A small smile ended up on Ice King's face.

He walked over to Shadow Stalker, pressed his lips on hers. She wound her arms around his neck. His lips left hers and trailed down her neck, and stopped by her ear. "You only want me. I know it, you know it. Forget Blood Shot. You know I'm much better. We are meant to be together, and rule the planets as one," he whispered.

Both of them smiled seductively before they embraced once more.