Chapter 15

The air was murky around Midnight Dragon, everything was dark and black. Apart from the silver mist swirling around the path. This place felt familiar and unusual at the same time. She knew it wasn't Mars but, she felt like she owed her allegiance to this place. A shimmer of light caught her eye, before she even moved. A black castle stood before the path in front of her, it was the glitter of the castle that caught her eye. It was a variety of different shades of purple, lilac, indigo, mauve and any other forms of purple.

The castle itself was magnificent, it had many turrets, an open draw bridge. A moat of midnight blue water (no moon reflected in the light). There was a giant marble white clock tower at the top of the castle. The middle at the top of the castle was completely flat, white purple light came out of it. A small orange light flickered at the top of it. It was beautiful, and it seemed that someone was home.A strong perfume of Parma violets surrounded Midnight Dragon. It felt homely like she belonged. She knew she couldn't just stand there, her feet began to move along the path in front of her. The mist surrounded her ankles, as she moved along the cobbled path. As she wondered down the path Midnight Dragon looked all around her. The trees were also black with glittery purple on them. It was like the colours purple and black ruled this place.

As she stood in front of the open drawbridge the air felt heavier, like syrup. Midnight Dragon forced her way through with difficulty. Even though the air was heavy, Midnight Dragon pushed through, once passed the drawbridge the air got lighter. Once inside the black exterior had disappeared, and everything was white marble with a fleck of purple in it. Even the floor. Midnight Dragon walked carefully until she was in the center of the room. Each corners of the room had stairs of purple glass. But, only one set of stairs took her interest. The top right stairs seemed to call to her. In a trance like manner Midnight Dragon walked up the stairs. The aroma of Parma violets stronger. It didn't take long until she had arrived into another room. The outside room.

It had such an amazing view, well it would have ifit had any light shinnying through. Thepurple glitter seemed to travel in the air as well. There was a faint breezecoming through. The air was neither warm nor cold. It felt amazing and free,but also frightening to be up so high. And, to see nothing around the side toprevent from falling. If there wasmore light Midnight Dragon would have been able to see the land she was in, but there was no light in this land. The light from this land had been stolen, never to return.

Suddenly, a silver orb appeared in the center. The mystical orb had purple flashes coming out of it. For some reason, Midnight Dragon wanted to reach out and touch it. "Intriguing, isn't it?" a strong but delicate voice came from behind Midnight Dragon. It startled her, but what startled her the most, was that she had taken steps towards the orb without realizing. Very slowly Midnight Dragon turned around, not prepared for what she saw.

It was a woman but, that wasn't what startled her. The woman looked like an older Shadow Stalker. Nearly everything apart from her hair. It was black like Midnight Dragon's but it had purple highlights in it. Midnight Dragon didn't know whether this was a trick or not. "I can tell from the look on your face, that you have had the pleasure of meeting my sister. I must tell you or more likely warn you, that I am not like her. I know why you have come here. I'm not sure if I can help you though," her voice was musical to Midnight Dragon. "Before I ask for what I came here for, can you tell me? Who are you?" Midnight Dragon's voice was strong and determined when she asked.

Another smile graced Shadow Stalker's sister'sface. "You were always a very inquisitive child Midnight Dragon. I'm glad youhaven't changed at all. My name is Pluto. Of course, I was named after theplanet we are both on right now. I was the first-born girl in my family forover two thousand years. Luckily, I came three years before Shadow Stalker, otherwise our world would have fallen. I sense a question," Pluto explained. Midnight Dragon felt surprised and a little on edge, that Pluto knew she had a question to ask her. "How can you be sure that our world would have fallen? If Shadow Stalker was the first-born," she quizzed Pluto.
A slight chuckle came from Pluto. "Like I said ithad been over two thousand years, since a girl in my family had been born. Iknow you may not remember the history of our world so well, or even from yourhome planet, so I will tell you mine. A girl from the high seeing priestessfamily, will be given the power of time. It will only be given to the first-born.You see the power of time, allows me to see the past, present and future. Itallows me to warn others about attacks. I can also on a very rare occasion goback in time. Only to prevent future impending doom. From a young age, I wastold that my mind was strong, it couldn't be controlled unlike my sister's. Yousee you only unlock your powers in my family when you are ten years old. I wastold that my mind had a shield. One day I was eleven, I looked at my sister andsaw what she would become. I also saw what would have happened if she was bornfirst. That was the first vision I remembered having, I may have had one at tenyears old however I do not recall that memory. Since that day, she did what Iexpected her to do. Which was to crave more power. Dark power. After I saw thatI became the master and protector of time. Since the age of eleven I havebeen here keeping our worlds safe I had to keep a distance from my sister," Pluto explained darkly.