Chapter 2

Meanwhile on Earth....

In the heart of Denver stood a cosy, small house. It had a flat slate roof, with a red brick chimney sticking out of it. Grey smoke came out of the chimney. The house was a red-brick house, it had large big bay windows in both bedrooms. It didn't have a garden but that suited who lived in this house. It was a quiet household in Denver, on a quiet street.

The rain was beating down in Denver, like normal it never seemed to be nice in Denver, not recently anyway. The rain sounded like gunshots were being fired. There was no chance that any shade of bright sunshine was going to be poking its' way through the smoky, black clouds. No birds sung from the warmth of their nests that day, it was like they knew what this day was, and what happened all those years ago. Flashes of lightening swept across the sky, the roll of thunder rumbled through Denver, shaking the houses slightly. This was enough to wake the dead, or even bring up the dead. History was soon to repeat itself once more. But no one on this planet knew what point in history it was soon it repeat, and never would know the whole extent of it.

The annoying buzz of the alarm clock was the only thingthat could pry a sleeping girl out of her dream world. This brought her crashing back down into reality,where everything was hard and painful. Her diamond blue eyes opened instantly, the alarm reminded her that it was going to be another painful day at High School. Her pale vampire hand came crashing down on the clock, accidentally smashing it into tiny shards of metal. As she yanked her hand back towards her body, she noticed the deep, rose, red blood oozing its' way out of her palm. The pain only just hit her. It rippled through her body causing her to gasp a little; before yanking herself out of the safe, warm comfort of her bed, and into the cold, harsh world of reality.

Darting into her bathroom, she stripped out of her clothes, and let the hot water wash over herself. Washing any trace of blood on her vampire pale skin. It wasn't long until the pain was wiped away, replaced it by numbness. By this point in time this girl was used to being numb, that's the way she had been for as far as she can remember. She darted out of the shower, back into her room avoiding the harsh, cold, draft blowing through the house.

The girl that lived in this house went by the name of Kimmy Evans.

Fifteen minutes later and Kimmy was dressed, andready for school. Annoyance flowed through Kimmy as she had to endure schooltoday of all days. She was also annoyed and hurt, that her mother and sisterwon't be here to celebrate her sixteenth birthday, knowing she would be aloneon the day of her birth. Well not completely alone, butthat is how she felt. She had no one to help her get through the day, and to avoid Molly's torment.

Today's date wasn't the only thing that was annoying Kimmy today, it was the uniform for her school, to prove that she was worthy enough to attend the best school in Denver. She had to wear a white shirt with a red velvet bow attached to it, a blue jean jacket with a white outline etched on the outside of it. And a matching jean blue mini skirt. That was the main part of the uniform that she hated the most, the skirt. Kimmy despised skirts and even more she hated that it draws attention to her even more. Kimmy didn't want any attention to be drawn to her, she just wanted to be invisible at school. At least then if she was invisible she could feel at peace, and maybe even be herself.

Her coal black hair with vibrant red highlights fell straight pass her shoulders, as she dried it. Her diamond blue eyes were outlined with thick black eye-liner, she put grey eyeshadow on. She also placed her black lipstick on and placed her red lip ring in, she nearly forgot to add her water proof massacre on; she grabbed her bag and ran downstairs, towards her father in the kitchen.

Laid out on the chestnut table were butteredpancakes, a strawberry smoothie, and a small white rectangular box in front ofthe meal. Standing in front of the small oven stood a small tanned man, withdark blonde hair. He turned around as soon as Kimmy entered the room. "Goodmorning Kimmy and happy birthday sweetheart," he greeted her. Kimmy nodded, satdown and silently ate herbreakfast, then begin to quiz about the white box. "Umm Paul what's this box in front of me?" Who is it from?" she asked him. "Will you ever go back to calling me dad? It's a birthday present from your mother and sister. They would have wanted you to have it today on your sixteenth birthday. I know today is going to be rough on both of us, and that you want to forget it. But I am your dad, I want to make the day normal and special for you at the same time," Paul explained to her.