Chapter 11

It was another grey dayin Denver drawing in, the rain tapped on the roof. It wasn't the rain thatdisturbed Kimmy. It was the warmth growing in her room, from the weak sun rays.Her eyes fluttered open, a smile appeared on her face. She rolled overexpecting to find Blood Shot, the smile disappeared once she knew she wasalone. She knew that he couldn't stay while he was plotting against the evilenemy.But, secretly she wished he had stayed or woken her up, so she knew he would be gone before the morning came.

Kimmy knew she had to act normal especially if she saw Sean again. What Kimmy didn't expect was to find Sean in her living room, when she went downstairs. "Sean what are you doing here?" Kimmy asked with surprise and annoyance in her voice. "When I didn't hear anything from you, I got worried. As you've dealing with a lot. Especially after Paul," Sean explained with concern in his voice. Even hearing anyone Paul's name made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Tears choked in her throat, after hearing his name being said. "I'm fine. Yes, I am going through some stuff, but I rather be alone. It doesn't mean you the right to break into my home. You saw me yesterday, stop smothering me. See you at school," Kimmy snapped at Sean. Sean sensed he had touched a nerve yet again, and without another word he left Kimmy alone. As he left he couldn't seemed to do anything right anymore, he could feel Kimmy pushing him further away from him. He had to think what to do next, when their paths crossed again. He wanted to be with her, he loved her with all of his heart.

Kimmy inhaled a deep breath before finally gettingdressed for school. Kimmy was just crossing the playground, when the air gotcolder. Everywhere Kimmy looked she could feel danger near her, like it wasclosing in on her. She carried on walking to one of the school buildings.Keeping an eye out for anything or anyone who was going to harm her. However, aforce of energy dragged Kimmy down into adark corner, behind the steps to the school. Kimmy tried to struggle against it, but it was too powerful. She knew she couldn't transform at will properly yet. Even if she could someone could see her, and that she didn't want.

The force launched Kimmy straight into the brick wall, her head bounced off it like a rubber ball. The attack happened so quickly that Kimmy couldn't defend herself properly. Small red sparks flittered out of her left hand, but before could see straight it was too late. Kimmy had slumped down the side of the wall; pain flooded through her body. All she could see was a dark figure. The figure moved quickly towards her, before she knew it more pain flooded through her head. Blood trickled out of her head, then everything went cold and black for Kimmy. The figure stared at Kimmy as her body slumped on to the cold floor. There was no sign of movement in Kimmy's whole body not even a single breath.

"Finally, that little brat won't be getting in the way anymore," the dark figure sneered before disappearing.

It took three hours before Kimmy's body was found;the whole school was full of shock and terror. Sean fell to the ground in shockand pain, when he heard. He had only just seen her alive that morning beforeschool, he had been waiting to talk to her properly at break time. Seandemanded to see Kimmy, but he wasn't allowed to. Kimmy's body was finally takenaway, as there was no trace of any DNA or evidence, to class it as a murder. Theyblamed it onPaul's death. They thought somehow, Kimmy had committed suicide.

A tremor went through Blood Shot as soon as Kimmy went cold. He felt very ill and unwell when she was being attacked, but didn't realise that it was linked to Kimmy. As soon as he felt the tremor he knew something bad had happened. Pain, anger and confusion ran through his body. However, he knew that he had to hide these emotions, so he could carry on in Midnight Dragon's name. Blood Shot knew that Kimmy was dead, and gone from this world. He was hurt but he was happy that he got to spend some time with her, before this tragic event happened. He wished that the time they spent together wasn't so short, but he knew what love was again.

Kimmy's body was stone cold, her skin had paled even more than usual. Life had flown from Kimmy.