Exclusive Peak

Here is a sneak peak of Twins of Darkness Book 2 in the Midnight Dragon Series.

Darkness, the evil force of the universe had been defeated six months ago. There seemed to be no trace of them left on Earth. Earth had become a calmer place, there were no more shadows roaming around on Earth anymore. The power of the warrior of Mars had defeated, banished and eliminated all of those who were left on Earth. Her fire had finally burnt all of the evil out of Earth. However, the warrior of Mars couldn't take all of the credit of the victory. There was something more powerful than her gifts. Love.Love that flowed through her and the healer for each other, helped to defeat Darkness, and sent the evil back to where it belonged, in the darkest depths of the galaxy. That was the one thing that Darkness wasn't prepared for. Love. It is the most powerful emotion that anyone could feel, even more powerful than hate. The world now seems quiet, calm and peaceful for the time being. However, Darkness is still alive and gathering any strength that it could find. They are wanting a rematch, and to get rid of the warrior and healer of Mars. Chapter 1It was a bitter cold night with the air freezing every blood vessel in your body if you dare to go outside. The hour was late, the stars were gleaming brightly in the sky. In a small house, in a dark bedroom, Midnight Dragon and Blood Shot left. Everything was peaceful in this room, or so they thought.Through the purple satin silk sheets Midnight Dragon was drenched in sweat, reliving the worse moment in her life again and again. She stood in her nightmare out of her body watching the moment when the love of her life gave himself up for her, and the world. "Listen stop struggling, I can get both of us out of here. Just trust me. All you have to do is hold on to me tight, and look deep into my eyes," Blood Shot calmly explained to her. Midnight finally realised that Blood Shot was thinking about how to get them out. She grabbed hold of Blood Shot tightly, and looked deep into his eyes. As she looked into his eyes, Blood Shot said an incantation in his mind over and over. Blue and white light swirled around the couple, it slowly wrapped itself around them both. Blood Shot looked down at Midnight Dragon. "Kiss me," he whispered into her ear. Confusion once again appeared but, she trusted Blood Shot with all of her heart. She leant towards him and fell into a deep passionate kiss. The light around them surrounded them even more. Red, orange, yellow and green power escaped slightly from the couple. The lights fragmented and broke off into the lair, slowly destroying it. Once Blood Shot had felt that happening, He pulled Midnight Dragon closer to him, and whispered in her ear, a smile appeared on her face. He pulled away from Midnight Dragon. He left her in the light, alone. "What are you doing Blood Shot?" she screamed at him. A weak smile appeared on Blood Shot's face. "I have to do this. This place needs destroying but, someone needs to stay behind and do that. You are too important to the world, and the universe. I am so sorry that I didn't tell you but, I knew you would stop me. Now go!" he explained. After he said those last words Midnight Dragon was teleported back to Denver. Blood Shot sniffled a little, tears fell down his face. He never thought it would be him that would have to destroy this place. He felt guilty that he could no longer give her life she deserved with him. Blood Shot sat himself down on the throne, and engorged the red, orange, yellow and green energy. The energy grew further until it was nearly as big as the room. He thought about Midnight Dragon one more time, before releasing the energy. The light filled the room, it blinded Blood Shot straight away. He could no longer see, but his skin began to boil and peel away. He never thought this was how he would go. The energy got to its maximum point, and finally exploded. All the evil, negative energy and crystals were produced to dust, and that was the end of the lair. Blood Shot had done his job. Midnight Dragon woke up screaming and shaking all over, even though she was boiling hot she had goose bumps all over her body. It was only a few seconds later when two hands wrapped around her chest. She tried to fight them off her but they remained glued to her skin. She didn't want any comfort every night since that day six months ago she had been having these dreams. However, she knew that Blood Shot was alive and with her, but he can't stand to make him worry every night. Once again, she tried to fight the hands off, this time the hands forced her to turn and rest her face against his chest."It's alright I am here, nothing will keep me away from you again. I thought we had talked about this," Blood Shot soothingly told her as he stroked her hair. Midnight Dragon breathed in his scent as she controlled her heart rate, she knew it was a nightmare but it was still a rare touchy subject for her. "I know, I just can't seem to stop having this nightmare about it. I want it to stop. I have bigger things to worry about," she explained to him. "Like going back to school tomorrow," Blood Shot said. Instead of answering she sighed and nodded at him. Blood Shot kissed the top of her head, before leaving a trail of kisses from her head, down her neck until eventually his lips landed on hers. "Maybe I should just stay home and not go back to school. It's not like High School is going to prepare me to run a country or to increase my powers." She murmured against his lips. Blood Shot pulled his lips away from hers before looking deep into her eyes. "I know you don't want to go back, but we have until you turn twenty one on Earth until we return. And I know you can't get a decent job without your high school diploma. Also, the lair is gone I saw it burn and destroyed, when we go back to Mars then we will be around people who can help you strengthen your powers. Now enough of this talk, I have something more pleasing that we can both enjoy," Blood Shot firmly told her before returning to her lips, before she could argue with him again. The kiss started off sweet before it took a passionate turn. Blood Shot pulled Midnight Dragon on top of him, the kiss got even hotter and the couple spent the night removing the nightmare from Midnight Dragon's memory, and created a new one.Once they had enjoyed many magical, pleasuring moments together, Blood Shot held Midnight Dragon in his arms. He stroked her hair as she slept peacefully, watching over her just in case she had another nightmare.