Chapter 5

The air was nice and cool on Kimmy's skin as she laid in bed, her dreams were full of Blood Shot. Her mind became curious of who he was, and where did he fit in with everything that is happening or has been happening.

Inside Kimmy's mind, shewas standing in a wheat field. The sun was burning down on her, but it didn'tburn her vampire pale skin. It made her skin glow. Standing in front of her wasBlood Shot, he wasn't wearing his leather jacket.Only a sleeveless tank top which showed off the dragon mark on his skin. A green glow appeared from his left hand, and caressed it.

The window burst open once again at midnight, and Blood Shot moved into Kimmy's room once more. He locked and drew the curtains, before approaching the bed where Kimmy was sleeping. She looked so small to Blood Shot and helpless, and for once she wasn't up waiting for him. Blood Shot removed his jacket again, and laid down on the bed. As soon as his body hit the bed, Kimmy rolled over and got closer to him. Blood Shot traced the outline of the dragon mark on her shoulder. As soon as he started to do that, heat flooded through both of them. Blood Shot thought this would disturb Kimmy, but her eyes didn't open once. Once the heat had subsided, Blood Shot got up off the bed, and left Kimmy to sleep.

The sun drew in, Kimmy fluttered her eyes openexpecting to see Blood Shot next to her, but she had no luck. At least she knewthat she only had to survive one more day and night without Paul here. Eventhough he wasn't her actual dad he was still better than nothing. But, she knewshe would have to say something soon. She shook her head wanting to forgetthose thoughts for a little while longer. Kimmy got out of bed, and headed intothe bathroom. As she stared at her plain, vampire, pale skin a shade of blackcaught her eye. She looked at her right shoulder. The dragon outline haddarkened, it had finally filled in and was more prominent now. She had no ideawhy it had filled in,however she felt special like it belonged there. Her life had some meaning and for once it wasn't to be invisible at school, her life had a bigger purpose. As soon as Paul got back she would speak to him. But, for now she was going to enjoy her weekend.

Kimmy settled down to her notepad and her music, she began to write down a story about her life, how it all got messed up. She wanted to document how her life was going, and maybe one day it will turn into a novel. Once she hit writer's block, frustration settled in. Kimmy decided to work on the dance routine she made for her dance exam coming up. The music settled Kimmy she felt at ease nothing could ruin her mood, she felt like a different person when she danced. The music set her soul free.

Kimmy didn't realise that the sun was setting as she danced, everything else had melted away nothing could stop her now. As she danced she also began to sing along to the song. Most would find it difficult to create a dance routine to rock music, but to Kimmy she found it incredibly easy. This was an easy way to forget about Blood Shot and Sean, or whatever he called himself. She didn't care about anything else anymore, just the music that enlighten her soul. She could feel her heart on fire as the music flowed.

Kimmy didn't even realise that it was way pastmidnight until the moonlight hit her pale skin. Instantly she stopped dancingand took in the view from her window, the world outside looked more beautifulto her now. For once she was appreciating everything around her. She flew openherwindows, and let the night air in to caress her skin. She closed her eyes to take in all of the sounds and smells of the outside world. As she opened her eyes, she jumped back when she came face to face with Blood Shot staring right at her. His body was just floating in mid-air, a gasp caught in her throat. A smile appeared on his face. "I am sorry if I scared you, but this is the normal time that I come and visit you. I see that you are looking more like yourself tonight, than last night. You look just like you did back on Mars," he apologised and complimented her. Kimmy moved out of the way to let Blood Shot in.