Chapter 17

A sharp pain openedwithin Blood Shot, something felt wrong, he knew it had to be linked toMidnight Dragon. She was hurt badly, he wanted to help. The pain radiated fromhis heart to all over his body. The pain was affecting Blood Shot so much thathe felt physical sick, he doubled over for a second clutching his stomach.Before being able to stand up again. He wanted to do something, he wasn't sure howor what to do. He was torn between what to do, he began pacing around Kimmy'sroom, thinking over what to do. These thoughts were beginning to consume hismind driving him slowly insane, he knew he couldn't let his thoughts drive himto do something stupid or even critical to himself and Midnight Dragon.Eventually, he managed to calm down a little, he decided to stay strong, andstay put. He didn't realise how strong their connection was, until he felt thepain within him. He wanted to go and help, but he had to respect what MidnightDragon had told him. Blood Shot didn't want her to get killed or even himself,she had finallyconfessed her feelings to him, he knew she asked him to stay to keep himself safe, and away from harm.

Blood Shot didn't want to get caught up in a situation, if she didn't need him there. She was always independent, he had seen how much her strength had grew since being on Earth. Blood Shot sat down on the bed and tried to relax.

When Midnight Dragon opened her eyes, she knew something was wrong. "Seiya quickly go to Blood Shot, tell him what has happened. I don't want anything bad to happen to you Seiya. He can protect you, don't worry about me," Midnight Dragon whispered under her breath. Seiya hesitated inside Midnight Dragon, he didn't want to leave her again, but time was of the essence. Very quickly Seiya flew towards Blood Shot at Dragon speed. Midnight Dragon knew she had done the right thing, she cared too much about Seiya and Blood Shot for them to get hurt. At all costs they need to be protected and safe. She needed to have some piece of mind that both of them are away from here, and this situation she is currently in. Midnight Dragon could cope with being danger herself, but not those who she loved. They were more important than she was.

A few minutes passed before any sound came into theroom. "Look at the mighty Midnight Dragon, so easy to trick. What would yourfamily say? I can see that there is nothing warrior like about you," the voicewas coarse, full of malice and familiar to Midnight Dragon. It was ShadowStalker. She knew all of this had to be down to Shadow Stalker, she felt stupidthat she didn't think about this before.An amusing smile leaked onto Midnight Dragon's face, she pulled herself up. And, came face to face with Shadow Stalker. "You know nothing about my family. The fact that I am still standing, proves that I am a warrior," her voice was strong and determined. Another smile hit Shadow Stalker's face. "I know that your sister would be upset, and oh so worried about you," Shadow Stalker taunted Midnight Dragon. "That shows that they loved me, and even though they are gone now, I know they would be proud that I am alive. I am lucky I have those around me dead or alive that love me, unlike you. You never experienced love after your family and sister turned their back on you. I am about to end your life," Midnight Dragon threw back at Shadow Stalker. A high-pitched laugh came from her mouth. "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY FAMILY, AND THE STRUGGLE I HAVE BEEN THROUGH! You think you can end my life, well I would hate to miss that, but you have bigger problems than me now. For example, Ice King and Blood Shot, you can only save one who will you choose," Shadow Stalker laughed and spat at Midnight Dragon. Midnight Dragon had completely forgotten about Ice King, but doubt clouded her mind about him, as she felt set up by him. Why didn't he sense that Shadow Stalker was around? Why didn't she sense Shadow Stalker? So many questions swirled around in her mind, somehow, she pushed this to the back of her mind.

Worry and panic hit her about Blood Shot, she knewshe had to leave now. She unfurled her wings and flew to BloodShot, surprisingly Shadow Stalker let her go without any hassle. A cruel smile was on Shadow Stalker's face as she let Midnight Dragon go. Shadow Stalker knew that the plan that was set into motion, was working.