Chapter 22

Midnight Dragon landed back in Denver, back in Kimmy's home. She had curled up into a ball, her stomach hurt so much from all the crying. She could no longer feel the connection with Blood Shot, it had been severed completely. Her life was back in pieces, she thought everything was going well, and now she had to continue without Blood Shot. Everyone had left her. She was alone once more.

Midnight Dragon pulled herself up off the floor, gasping small breaths as she looked around herself. She made a promise to herself that she would finish what Darkness had started. And that she would keep. Very quickly Midnight Dragon ran out of the house, and headed downtown. As she entered the city centre she saw all the demons, and shadows around her. What got her the most was the amount of dead bodies that littered the streets. A gasp caught in her throat, she had to remain strong though, for Blood Shot's memory.

Whilst Midnight Dragon moved around the city centre. Grant and Ice Kingwere still on top of the building smiling at their work. A tremor passedthrough both, they felt that their leader and their lair was gone. However,this didn't worry them at all, their focus was just on the work they had inhand currently. It wasn't long until they both saw a flame cutting down theirminions. They couldn't locate to begin with where this fire was coming from,until they sawMidnight Dragon. They knew they had to do something, quickly.

Back on the streets Midnight Dragon was sending her flame at long distances to begin with, cutting down the demons and shadows. The ones nearing her she shot down with her lightning bolts, her sword remained safe on her back. "Seiya, how many more are there?" she asked Seiya. "A lot, your highness, if you would like I can draw them all to you by the fountain. You can then destroy them quickly," Seiya suggested. Before she could answer, she had to focus on the swarm of demons slowly closing in on her. She channelled her energy all at once, then just let it go. A fiery flame exploded over the swarm, disintegrating them all. "If you are going to do it Seiya, you need to do it now," Midnight Dragon gasped for breath as she told him. Seiya quickly emerged from his resting place.

As he left Midnight Dragon ran to the fountain, cutting down the shadows and demons on her own. Seiya flew blasting out fire, drawing the demons and shadows closer to Midnight Dragon. He growled loudly at the demons and the shadows, it scared them to see a flying dragon over their heads. They all grouped together and swarmed their way towards the fountain. Midnight Dragon was waiting for them, she stood strong and proud.

As soon as they got tothe fountain and saw Midnight Dragon, they stopped and grinned with pleasure,they had fresh meat to try. They growled and snarled at Midnight Dragon, theiryellow teeth snapped and clicked in theirmouths. All at once they charged at Midnight Dragon, she drew in a breath before she exploded all over in flames and lightning.

The demons and shadows stopped after seeing Midnight Dragon all inflamed, it shocked them. Her hair was covered all over in flames, she stared at her enemies with a huge smile on her face. For some strange reason, she exploded and the flames and the lightning swarmed all over her enemies. There was none left.

She felt finished and complete. Until she heard two familiar voices from behind her. "Why do you always come and ruin our fun?" Grant asked. "We left you to have it out with your sister, and now you are suddenly here," Ice King said. She lifted her head up to the sky, and drew in a deep breath, before turning around to face them. "Don't you two ever stop for one moment, and think that I don't want to do this. But, I have to. I can't let you two continue like this, the people here on Earth and my people should not suffer like this. You can try and torture me, see if I will break, do whatever you want to me. But, I will not fall, I will not let anyone else suffer. I can take it, but these people can't. They need me, I will be their protector," she enforced onto them.