Chapter 18

Smoke ruled hell, it made the air very thick and clouded. Midnight Dragon finally landed in hell, a giant floating clock was to the left of her. Even though she had just got to hell, it had already counted down she had just used half of her time. She remained confident that she could still do this. Somehow, someway she could do this mission.Hell, it self was like being in a cave, the ground was uneven with plenty of hiding places for Midnight Dragon, and other creatures of hell. The path ahead of her was very narrow, very cautiously she peered over the edge. She regretted instantly after seeing the one hundred feet drop straight into lava, she wished she hadn't looked. Surprisingly hell itself wasn't hot like it was described to you as a child, but freezing cold. Midnight Dragon knew she couldn't stare at the landscape much longer, time was against her and she needed to move now. Not just for the sake of Ice King, but for hers too the frigid air was slowly beginning to form ice crystals in her nerves, bones and blood.

She quickened her pace as she went on the hunt for Ice King, muttering these words under her breath. "I need your help. Help me to bring Ice King home, I wouldn't ask if I could do it alone. But I can't."

Back on Earth...

Fiveminutes had passed on Earth and Blood Shot had regained consciousness. Hegasped his first free breath and his eyes popped open. He turned his head, andsaw Seiya standing over him. It didn't take long to realise thatMidnight Dragon wasn't around. He very quickly jumped up and scanned around thebattlefield. "Seiya, where is Midnight Dragon?" he asked worryingly. Seiya took in a deep breath, he knew that he hadto explain sooner or later. "She has gone through a portal to hell to rescueIce King. She knew me and you would stop her. She saved you,brought you back. She is the reason why your heart has been freed, you no longer have any links to Darkness. You are now free to love her completely and freely. She saved you first but knew that she had to bring Ice King for the sake of the people on Mars, and Mercury. Then she jumped into the portal without another thought, I can't even feel her presence anymore," Seiya explained. Tears built back up in Blood Shot's eyes, he couldn't feel her either anymore. He had one more question for Seiya. "How did she stop me from dying? I need to know what happened," he asked.

Seiya took a long hard stare at Blood Shot, he knew what had happened he wasn't sure how to explain it right. "In the simplest way, I can explain it is. That when she dedicated her heart to you, and you dedicated yours to her a connection was made. Therefore, you can feel her emotions, like I can. I can for several reasons. The emotions that she feels for you, I don't listen to often I keep that private to her. So, when she held you, whilst you were dying there was a shift. The shift was in your healing power and her fire one. She took in your power to heal you, and put hers in you. It was so you could survive the healing process; both the powers were then returned to the original host. Blood Shot you no longer have the chains wrapped around your heart, you are linked to her now. I need to ask you; do you really love her? Or are you trying to hurt her?" Seiya responded but also questioned him.

Blood Shot had gotten his answer but, he didn't expect to be questioned.Blood Shot didn't even need to think before heanswered. "I would die for that girl. I know you have never trusted me, I could only show a small proportion of how much I loved her, when I had the chains around my heart. Now they are gone, nothing can stop me trying to show you that I love her, and would never hurt her," Blood Shot confessed. Seiya was looking deep into his eyes when he was speaking. He could see no malice or trances of him lying, when Blood Shot spoke to him. Seiya bowed his head in approval of Blood Shot's confession of love. "So how do we help her?" Seiya asked.

Meanwhile in hell...

Midnight Dragon moved very quickly around the catacombs of hell. So far, she hadn't seen anyone, this was very unnerving. There were no demons, skeletons or shadows around this place so far. Then that's when she started to hear noises. It sounded like a thousand wasps were swarming around the next corner. It was mixed in with deep gleeful laughter, and then she finally heard some voices. "Well, well Ice King. It is so nice to have you here with us. I don't think the girl you love is going to save you any time soon. So far, she hasn't even stepped through the portal, and her time is nearly up," the voice was cracked and deep full of darkness.