Chapter 8

Once Kimmy had gathered up some courage to finally leave her room, she went to find Paul. He was waiting for her in the kitchen. She sheepishly walked towards him, his head looked up as she was in front of him. It was safe to say that Paul had reached a new level of disappointment. "Look, I know you have found out a lot of new information about your life. I just wish that you would think about, what you are doing, to me. Finding you, gave me a chance to be a father again. But now it feels like you don't want to be around me, that's all I've got to say. Goodnight," Paul emotionally said. Paul laid a lot of emotions, and feelings out to Kimmy before going to bed. Tears leaked down her face, as soon as he left her alone.

She could not contain the pain anymore, she graspedthe sides of the countertop, lent forward, and for once let the tears fall. Shehad done the worst thing she could ever do, hurt Paul. And now she was feelingthe pain of it, shewanted to curl up into a ball and forget everything she had learnt over the past few days.

Kimmy felt awful, guilty and physically sick as she walked back to her room. She knew Paul was right, she had been neglecting him. Paul doted on her so much, and she knew that she had a lot of making up to do. Regardless of Paul not being her real dad, to her he still is her dad. Kimmy got into bed and tried to shake what Paul had just said out of her mind. She had hoped that he would have let her speak, maybe try to explain or at least apologize for what she had done. But, she was out of luck tonight. Somehow, she must try again, and make things right.

That night she did have a visit once more from Blood Shot. He only briefly stayed to keep an eye on her, he felt the pain from the conversation she had with Paul. It pained him to see her upset, he kissed her on the cheek very quickly. He went to leave, but he needed to do one thing first. He bent down next to her ear. "Don't worry, it will work out in the end with Paul," he whispered before taking off into the night's sky. He couldn't bare to be in the room while she was feeling so upset, hurt and disappointed in herself.

Kimmy's dreams were happier this time, but it was more like a memory. She was standing in a castle, in a red ball gown dress, looking round a very busy ballroom. Standing in front of her was Sean, well Ice King smiling at her.

Whilst she was un-locking a part of her life in herdreams, there was someone else in her room. The figure moved silently over toKimmy, holding a dark red orb. The figuredelicately placed the orb on her head, which pulled the dream into it. Kimmy stirred a little as her dream was being erased from her mind. Once the orb was full, the figure took it and disappeared into the wall. Only a few pieces of her memory remained.

Blood Shot walked around the dark streets of Denver, before ending up near Sean's. He had some time to kill before making another plan. He wanted to see Sean to find out what his intentions where, he could feel that Kimmy felt something for Sean, he needed to know if it was love. He needed to know if Sean was playing again, they had both been around this same circle before. Some strange energy was coming from the building, strange for Blood Shot. He gazed up at Sean's window, orange flashes were coming from Sean's window. A dark figure appeared at the window. The energy felt strangely familiar to Blood Shot, someone he knew or used to. Blood Shot didn't want to be here anymore, so he went back home. He didn't want to have hung around much longer, in case he saw something he could not un-see.

It was a beautiful morning in Denver, it lookedlike nothing was going to ruin this morning. However, the guilt from last nightwas still with Kimmy. She still felt sick from everything she had put Paulthrough. The idea of staying home did cross her mind, she could slowly get herlife back together, and maybe even feel normal again. The dream that she hadfrom last night confused and disturbed her, she couldn't see past herself inthe dress. The rest of the dreamseemed distorted, but maybe the guilt coursing through her had made her forget. The more she tried to remember her head began to hurt. Kimmy shook her head, and timidly crawled out of bed, and went downstairs.