|One

"Hunter! Get your musty hands off my book!" You laughed reaching over the Golden Guard to grab your favorite book: The Good Witch Azura.

"As soon as you take off my mask, Y/n!" He gave you a grin, and you narrowed your eyes at him.

"Hmm..." You thought about it for a minute. "But I pull it off better than you~" You giggle. 

He feigned offense. "No!  You take that back!" He smirked glancing at the book, flipping through the pages. "I don't know what you see in this book, it's basically a fanfiction of our world."

You snatched the book from his hands. "It has good plot!" You gasped offended. 

Hunter took this chance to take his mask off your face. "Yoink!" 

You flushed. "Hey!"

"You got your book back, I got my mask back!" He stuck his tongue out at you and you poked it, making him protest. "Gross! I don't know where your finger's been!" 

You laughed and he wiped his mouth eyeing you. "Don't you have your own mask? The silver one?" He asked sitting on your bed.

"Yesss, but your gold one is cooler!" 

"You're so weird, Y/n."

"Y/n, get up, we have to go on a mission." Hunter poked you with his staff and you groaned opening your eyes. 

It was dark outside. "Hunter, I literally just closed my eyes...why are you waking me up?" You said, your voice tired with sleep.

"Like I said, dumbass. A mission. We need to get extra palismen for the Emperor, and I saw that it's palismen adoption day at the school Hexside."

Your eyes land on him and focus. He was in his full uniform, mask and everything. "Right, right."

You sat up stretching. "Ughh...Hold on let me get on my clothes. Wait outside."

He nodded and made his way to the door. You stopped him. "Hunter, you owe me cuddles once we get back, you know, for waking me up this late." 

He blushed and looked at you. "What? Why? It's literally your job!"

"Just letting you know!" You said shrugging. He rolled his eyes and turned.

"Fine. Only for a few minutes though."

You watched him shut the door and pulled on your uniform and grabbed your staff. You made your to the door and opened it.

There Hunter was: Standing in front of your door.

You closed it and tapped his shoulder. "Hey, Goldilocks. I'm ready."

He groaned at the nickname. "Y/n, you know how much I hate that nickname!" He complained as the two of you walked down the hall. "It references a human fairytale. I don't even know the story, either!"

"Hey, you called me dumbass earlier!"

"Because you asked a dumb ass question." He replied simply.

"Yeah, yeah. So are we gonna teleport to the thing?"

Hunter looked at you. "It's a whole palismen nest, dumbass. We can't teleport a whole nest from there and back. That's why I requested a flying ship, so we'll be taking that."

"Oooh, a flying ship? Does this make us pirates?" 

He started to walk faster. "Do NOT mention pirates in front of me, Y/n!"

You giggled and caught up with him. "Oh riiiight, the human girl really gets on your nerves, huh, Hunter?"

He climbed aboard the ship and said, "Very much so."

You hummed as he helped you up on the ship, taking your hand, and making sure you didn't fall. You teased him, saying, "Such a gentleman!"

He narrowed his eyes and let go of your hand.

You stumbled backward. "Wha- HEY-"

He held his staff and a red glow caught you. You could tell behind his mask, he was smirking. "Oh, sorry, Y/n. That wasn't very gentleman-ly, was it?"

"Oh shut it." You grumbled. 

He dropped you gently on the ship and you land on your feet with a thud. "Let's get going then," He said smiling.