|Ten

You covered your mouth. All of you suddenly turned hearing a crack. Kid Belos held a Golden Guards' mask, breaking it in half before throwing it in blood red fire. 

You and Hunter rush forward and Luz pulled Kid Belos back. Hunter pushed you back before putting the fire out with his cape, additionally stepping on it. 

"Hunter, I could have helped," You said crossing your arms.

He looked at you, "No," He reached over and touched the top of your head. "I got it."

You sighed looking down. "Fine..."

Hunter stared at you for a long moment before saying, "It's okay, Y/n, I just wanted to make you didn't get burned, alright?"

You pressed your lips together. "I can protect myself," You said in a quiet voice.

Hunter sighed before nodding. "I know. But...I just want to protect you. At least for now." He leaned in close to you, "Please. Let me do that until we get out of here..."

Your breath hitched as you stared at him. "O...Okay."

Dark green goo formed into the air before creating the same monster chasing you. It formed into a trap Kid Belos made, shrieking.

It stomped forward toward you, Luz, and Hunter. Hunter stepped in front of you and Luz. The monster whispered.

"Get away from him!"

"Danger, danger!"

"Run!"

Luz let out a hoarse gasp. "Are those palismen..?"

Hunter looked terrified. "We weren't running from the inner Belos. He was with us...the whole time!" 

You widen your eyes. "What?!"

You heard crying that turned to laughing. All of you turned around to see Kid Belos grab his wooden sword and bring it down against the rope on the ground, around the palismen souls.

Red lightning surround the rope and made the potions on the rope fly and hit them. There were explosions and the souls roared.

The rope flew up, tightening around them. The palismen souls fell to the ground...defeated. It raised its head to roar at Kid Belos.

You all turn to look at him. You gasped as Kid Belos turned to his present self. The Emperor of the Boiling Isles. 

Belos lifted his head smiling darkly. "Hello Hunter. Hello Luz. Hello...Y/n."

You let out an involuntary squeak. Hunter, after everything he saw about his uncle lying about helping people, stepped in front of you almost immediately.

Belos let out a soft 'ugh' before looking that the palisman souls. "I was finally able to catch it." He said. "This thing's been a thorn in my side for years...All these weepy palismen souls..."

Belos leaned down to grab a certain palisman soul. A bird. "Their voices constantly nagging me..." He said a quiet voice. "Vile. But without them I wouldn't be able to do this!"

He brought up his arm, it turning to goo and breaking the soul at the bird chirped and squeaked. 

You squeezed your eyes shut as Hunter flinched. The bird disappeared in his fist, and his arm turned normal. 

I want to leave...please...get me out. I'm begging you, let us out of here. I'm done, I'm done! You thought your heart racing and tears running down your face. Please don't hurt Hunter. Please don't hurt him. Don't hurt him. Don't hurt him. Please.