|Nineteen

Gus gave you and Hunter clothes he got from the store, and you all dressed, ready to leave. You sat on the couch and Hunter sat on the other side, tying his shoe.

Hunter finished and sat up without a word. You both glance at each other, blush, and look away. 

Gus raised an eyebrow at the both of you, suspecting something more than...talking happened last night. He looked out the window looking out for Willow, his best friend. "Willow's here!" Gus said. "Let's go!"

You and Hunter jumped up and ran out and met up with Willow. She waved and said, "Alright, guys! We need to meet at this designated spot to meet with Luz! Then, we go help Amity, and figure the rest out!" She explained. "But remember, it's only going to be me, Gus, Hunter, Amity, King, and Luz. Y/n is going with the Cats. So when Luz is dropped off, Y/n gets on the staff, picked up by one of the Cats."

Hunter looked down, still disapproving of the plan. Still, he nodded and you all ran forward and to the spot you were supposed to meet at.

You all waited until you saw Luz and Katya, flying down. 

"Why are we stopping?" Luz asked looking at her.

Katya smiled. "To meet your security escort. Darius insisted. Also to pick up Y/n." She looked at you and you paused for a second. Right. I need to leave.

Luz frowned. "Huh? What?! I don't a security escort!"

Willow smiled. "Did you hear that Gus?" Luz turned around and Gus shrugged. 

"Yeah, no, I guess we'll have to go home!" He looked at Luz. "Well, it's been fun! See you around, Luz the Human."

Luz started to tear up and she ran to them. "Wait. Wait, wait, wait!" They embrace in a hug. "Of course I want you around! I'm so happy!" She laughed. 

"And...confused?" Luz held their hands. "I thought you were all hiding after what happened at Hexside?"

Hunter smirked, stepping forward. "They were. Until they heard Darius ordered me to protect you."

Gus laughed, "More like begged us to come because he's terrified of getting recognized!"

You snorted and pointed at Hunter, smirking. Hunter blushed and glared at you.

"Hunter...are you really up for this?" Luz asked. "You must be dealing with a lot after learning-"

You widen your eyes and Hunter stopped her. "That Belos is evil?! Don't worry! I'm A-OKAY!" 

You nodded. "Yep-!"

Katya looked up and then at you saying, "Come on Y/n, we can't be left behind!"

You stopped. "Right...I keep forgetting." You said looking down. 

Willow, Luz, and Gus look at Hunter who froze. 

You look at him. "Hunter..." You said.

He glared at the ground. "Y/n...please. Just...stay with me," He said trying to convince you one last time. "Don't go with them..."

You wanted to cry. "I swear  I'll find you, Hunter. I'll come back to you and we'll be together again, okay?"

Hunter looked up at you and you froze in your place to see tears. "But I don't want to wait for you to find me, Y/n! I want to stay by your side."

"We can't stay together every second, Hunter...there's a time where we have to go separate ways, even if it's just a little bit." You stepped forward and touched his face. "Can you wait for me? For just that little bit?"

He wiped his eyes, and kept his eyes on the ground. Slowly, he nodded. 

You smiled softly.  "Good. I'll see you later, Goldilocks."

He laughed lightly. "You know how much I hate that nickname..." He said quietly, looking at you. "Dumbass..."

You chuckled, reached down, and squeezed his hand. "Bye,"

"Bye..."

You turned and started toward the staff. Only, just as you were about to mount on it, you looked at Hunter who had a sad smile. 

You run back to Hunter. He looked at you confused. "Y/n..?" He started. 

You touched  the nape of his neck, pulling him closer to you, and you kissed him. It was a firm peck and you pulled away. 

He stared at you shocked. His face slowly erupted in red as he stammered. You grinned. 

You backed up to leave, but you stop, one final time. You hugged him tightly. "Be safe, Goldilocks." You said quietly. 

Hunter hugged you back, burying his face in your shoulder. "You too, dumbass..."

You looked at him one final time before running to Katya, jumping on her staff. She looked at you and flew off. 

You waved at everyone until they were out of view. 

Hunter put his arm down when you were out of sight. Gus touched his arm. "Are you alright?" He asked. 

Hunter blinked away forming tears and forced a smile. "Yeah! Let's go."