|Twenty

An hour into the flight

"I know how to fly a ship." Alador said, irritated when Hunter started messing with the levers. 

Amity, who was worried about Luz, looked at her dad. "Then fly faster!" She said urgently. "We're barely halfway there! Luz might be in trouble!"

Hunter narrowed his eyes at the gear shifts and the helm. "Maybe I should take the wheel..." He said glaring at it.

Alador frowned. "Very eager to return to Belos, eh, Golden Guard?"  He snapped. 

Hunter, who was worried about you, looked at Alador. "At least I haven't built him an army!" He snapped back.

"Watch your tone with me young man!"

The ship started tip and Gus gasped. "Whoa!" He looked at Alador and Hunter. "Here's  a bright idea! Don't distract the pilot!" He snapped walking toward them.

Hunter turned to Gus. "He started it!" He said motioning to Alador.

"Everything that happened-" "I'm the youngest here-" "Can't believe-"

Everyone started to argue as Willow and King watched them concerned. "I can believe she's going to Belos alone again." King said shifting his gaze down. "And I'm powerless to help her. We can't even manage to help each other."

Willow's palisman, Clover, flew off of her finger and over to the other palisman. Then it seemed to be talking to them. 

Soon, they pushed a wooden food crate in front of their owners. They glanced at them, the argument slowly dying down.

Gus's stomach grumbled and everyone looked at it. Amity looked at them. "Look, we're all exhausted and terrified. Let's focus our energy on helping Luz instead of fighting each other..."

And they all relaxed, enjoying their food with their friends and palismen. Unaware of what would happen in the future. 

You let out the breath you've been holding and you instantly saw everyone else. You have gotten info on the plan. You were there to look out for any coven official that came for Raine. 

You stood by Raine and Eda, worry etched on your face. You looked out the hole that revealed the stairs wondering if Hunter and Luz were okay. 

You wondered when you'd see them next. 

"Whoo! That last stretch was a long one." Eda said, pulling off her arm. You looked at her and Raine's interaction. 

"Hey, pay attention." Raine said, worried. "The other coven heads think they're gonna be royalty after today and they'll do anything to make that happen. The cloaking stone won't cover your voice, so make sure not to speak. Also--"

Eda grabbed their shoulders. "The curse will do its thing." She said. "I got this, Rainstorm, don't worry."

Raine pulled away, balling their fists. "Don't." They said and reached for Eda's wrist revealing a Bard coven sigil. " Don't tell me not to worry." They brought her hand up. 

You looked away and let them have their moment and Eda's sister, Lilith ran over to Eda. "Edalyn! If you need help, just, uh, flap your arms-" 

"You do know what happens if something goes wrong, right, Y/n?" You turned and saw Raine crossing their arms. 

"Mhm, find Hunter and the others." You said, looking up at them.

They nodded. "Yes. Do not fight them. You're here to signal to us that they found out. Not fight."