|Three

You groaned as you started to find consciousness. 

"Fuck my life..." You muttered sitting up, holding your head. Your eyes start to focus and you notice that you landed in a tree...? 

You jumped down and looked at your surroundings. There were these yellow balls surrounding trees, making the thicket glow.

The ground was covered in dirt, not grass though. "Wait..." You widen your eyes. "Where's Hunter?!" 

You spun around and came face to face with Luz. You thanked the Titan you still had your mask-

"You're really attractive." Luz said humming. 

You touched your face. WHERE'S MY MASK?!

You press your lips together. You realized she held Hunter's staff. But...where was yours? The two of you heard a light whistling sound and ducked. 

You made your way to the edge of the thicket and saw Kikimora. 

"Ugh, I've always hated her..." You muttered.

Luz looked at you. "Really?"

"Yea- HEY THAT'S MY STAFF!" You whisper-screamed. "And the Golden Guard's mask!" 

Luz shushes you. Kikimora indeed had your staff and Hunter's mask. 

The same monster that attacked the ship landed in front of Kikimora- and she cooed in a soft voice, "Excellent work, my pet~" she rubbed its hand like snout. 

Luz covered her mouth, containing a muffled gasp. Your eyes widen and your mouth felt dry. Kikimora continued. She held up your staff and Hunter's mask to the monster's mouth.

"Now find the rest of the two and have yourself a nice little snack..." 

The monster nodded before taking the two things in its mouth. In an instant as the monster chewed, your staff and Hunter's mask was destroyed.

"No!"  You whispered.

Luz looked back at Hunter, worried. Then you. But you were too focused at the loss of your staff. You've had that staff since you were, what? Nine?

Belos had given you that staff when you were promoted to training with the future Golden Guard: Hunter.

That staff had been a gift and it's been through a lot with you. Now it was gone...

The red palismen Luz had showed up and chirped at Luz. She glanced at it before looking at you and Hunter.

"Don't worry," She told it. "I won't leave them."

Luz grabbed your arm pulling you to Hunter. She leaned down, firmly holding the staff. "This is the Golden Guard?" Luz asked.

"Yeah, so?" You replied, a little too defensively. You found the Golden Guard amazing, thank you very much.

Though you'd never tell him that. Don't want him to think you're a simp.

"You guys look like you could be students at Hexide..." She muttered glancing at you and Hunter.

"Really?" You asked raising your eyebrows. You suppose you and Hunter could. You were both sixteen, after all. But you weren't sure how to feel.

Hunter kept his face hidden from the human for as long as they had to interact. Heck, Luz didn't even know his name!

It didn't sit right with you how she now knew what he looked like. There was this squirming feeling in your gut and you felt angry. 

And that anger started to flare up when she started to lean into Hunter...as if to kiss him.