|Eighteen

1 day later after discussing the plan with Gus and Willow: 3 am

"Y/n..." Hunter shook your shoulder and you opened your eyes. You were in a sleeping bag on the floor in Gus's room. Hunter's sleeping bag was next to yours and he sat on it.

You looked out the window and it was still dark outside. "Hunter?" You whisper quietly, rubbing your eyes. "What are you doing waking me up?" 

Hunter looked at you. "Can I talk to you?" He asked.

You sit up, "In the middle of the night?"

Hunter pulled you. "Come on, Y/n."

You sighed. "If this is about the plan-"

"It is, can we please talk about it?"

You looked at him and nodded. "Let's take a walk then."

You and Hunter circled around Mrs. Porter's huge garden. You and Hunter sat on the fountain edge. "You told me yesterday that you wouldn't live with Jake because you didn't want to be separated from me, but now, apparently, you want to go with the Cats to help them..? Away from me..." Hunter said, his eyes on his hands in his lap.

You looked at him. "Hunter, Raine said I need to help them somehow...I knew you'd help Luz, so I thought, maybe I can help Raine while Hunter helps others?" You explain, "Even so, Raine said if anything goes wrong then I need to find you and Luz immediately. 7/10, something is bound to go wrong, Hunter."

Hunter turned his head to you, ignoring the small space he's creating between your faces. "But I want you by my side, Y/n..." He said desperately. "During this whole thing, I want to see you next to me and I want to see you safe..."

You stared into his magenta eyes and saw sadness. "Hunter," You said softly. 

"Y/n. Please. You can come with us. Don't go with the Cats."

You bit your lip. "Hunter, I promised Raine and Eda and Lilith and Darius...I promised many people I'd come. I can't just break it."

He studied your face for a few moments. Hunter knew you weren't going to change your mind. You weren't going to go with him. And he knew deep down, he probably won't ever see you again.

So, he let his feelings and instincts take over.

He kissed you.

It felt like a shock when his lips met yours. You were so aware of everything. But then you realized he was actually kissing you. 

Hunter was actually kissing you.

You didn't want to pull away. You never wanted to pull away. You wanted him to keep kissing you until he had no more energy to. You wanted to kiss him until you had no more energy to either.

You wanted to pull him so close to you. You wanted him to pull you on his lap. The moment felt so peaceful, yet passionate at the same time.

It felt so right. Like you've never been this alive before.

You reached and touched his hip, returning the kiss as you tilted your head to add more pressure.

You felt Hunter's grip on your waist tighten at the movement and he kissed you more firmly, pushing your mouth open as his tongue met with yours. 

You squeezed your eyes shut, letting your mouths move in sync. You didn't think Hunter knew how to kiss like this. 

Is he completely new at this or is he experienced? If so, with who?

You felt a cold hand go up your shirt slightly. Hunter's hand slightly touched your spine as he pulled you closer.

He snaked his hands down your back before squeezing your waist and bringing his hands up to your hair, grabbing some parts of it, lightly pulling it.

He moved his hand to your jaw, the other one moving to behind your head.

There were chirps and tweets that startled you both and brought you back to reality. You both pull away quickly and stare at each other.

Hunter stared, eyes wide. "I just kissed you." He blurted out.

"And you actually did it well." You laughed, trying to shake the nerves away.

He blushed. "Tha-"

"Hunter? Y/n?" 

Both of you heard Gus's voice and jumped apart. He came over and looked at the two of you. "What are you guys doing up? I woke and saw you two gone?"

Hunter got up quickly. "Just talking about the plan. That's all."

You looked at Gus, your face still flushed from a second before. Gus nodded. "Alright then, well we have a big day tomorrow, guys. Let's get to bed."

Hunter glanced back at you, blushed, and looked away. He held out his hand. "Come on," He said.

You took it and you both follow Gus back into the house.