|Hunter's Palisman Observations

*Beep* *Click*

Hunter stands there in his room, in full armor. The red cardinal watches him, perched on a desk. Hunter looks at the device recording him. 

He made his way to the device and leaned in. "Week two of my Palisman observations...Not too long ago, I was able to make mental contact with my palis-- uhm- I-I mean...the SUBJECT of my observations!" 

Hunter glanced at the bird. "His name...is Flapjack." He said. "And I have to admit I do not know what a Flapjack is. I asked Y/n, but they did not know either. The Coven Head's are equally oblivious. Everwolf just hissed at me (as per usual 😒) and DARIUS just ignored me (ALSO as per usual 😑)....And Raine...Well, they've been acting weird lately..."

Hunter looked down, a little worried. "A lot more quiet." He looked up shaking his head, grabbing the camera roughly. "I DID EVENTUALLY GET AN ANSWER!" Hunter said more triumphantly. "BELOS told me it was synonymous to a PANCAKE!"

He frowned. "But uh. I don't know what that is either. He got suspicious when I asked further, so I-I backed off."

Hunter put the camera down. "You know, to uh, PROTECT my experiment. Not that this is anything worth hiding. Obviously." 

Silence.

"PERHAPS, IT'S SOME LONG FORGOTTEN ARTIFACT  OF HELLFIRE AND PAIN! Could it be the reason our family gone?! WHY I DON'T HAVE MAGIC?!"

The door opens. You rub sleep out your eyes. "Hunter...It's six in the morning...Why the fuck are you yelling?"

Hunter paused. "O-Oh. Uhhhh, sorry. Y/n. Just...running experiments on the palisman!"

You narrowed your eyes, "You were serious about that?"

"Of course I was! Anyway, I must check my forbidden texts...." Hunter turned to the bird. "DAMN YOU PANCAKES!"

You jumped. "Hunter! SHUT UP!" You sighed. "Just. Tell me about this so called experiment." You walked to his bed and sat down. 

Hunter looked at you. "Well, up until now, I've learned that Flapjack likes singing in the morning, catching the early rattleworms, and racing with other birds...with a scar over his eye.." Hunter trails off, sympathy coming to his face. "And a few other notches in the staff..."

He turned to you. "I could tell he was owned by someone else, but he won't tell me when I ask." Hunter said. "He just pulls my hair and flaps around. It's clearly a touchy subject..."

You stare at Hunter concerned. 

"AND PROOF-" You jump startled. "THIS VILE CREATURE IS STILL HIDING SOMETHING FROM ME!"

Hunter started to pace. "HIS TRUE WILD NATURE, HIS EVIL INTENTIONS?!" He stomped over to you and grabbed your shoulders. 

"Today, to further my research into the dangers of wild magic, I've decided to put Flapjack through a test." 

You lean back slightly. "At six in the morning?"

His ignores you and released your shoulders, turning his back to you. "Normally he gets a handful of crab-apple claws in the morning, but today I put out a single goreberry. An edible but disgusting fruit often disliked by palisman."

He pointed to the goreberry on the desk where Flapjack, the cardinal, sat pecking at the wood.

He faced you. "Routine broken, expectations dashed, how will he react? I hypothesize-- he will become ENRAGED in his hunger and disappointment! He will show his true wild colors! Dash around my room, peck at me!!"

You nodded slowly glancing at the door. Maybe it was a mistake to come?

He motioned to himself. "It's why I'm currently in full armor at this very moment!"

You pressed your lips together. This boy needed sleep. Hunter flapped his hand at you, "OH OH OH! He spotted it!" Hunter whispered, leaning in close to you, eyes on the bird.

You blinked at him and turned to look at Flapjack. 

He pecks at the berry. That's it.

"He seems aggravated..." Hunter said shaking your shoulder. "He's pecking furiously at the goreberry!"

"Hunter-"

He interrupts you with a sharp inhale. "He's not even eating it, He's just tearing it apart! Wild magic does make you vicious! It does-"

Hunter is cut off because Flapjack flew over to him.

"U-uh, oh. Um..." Hunter stammers. Flapjack dropped one half of the berry in Hunter's palm. "Thanks...Flapjack."

You smiled as you watched the bird fly back to the desk and eat the other half of the berry.

"He is eating it. And he split it in half for me..."

Hunter walked to the camera and picked it up. You heard a slight sniffle. "...I think it's time I conclude these tests."