|Eleven

"Hunter," You breathe. You pulled him to a lost and found box. You handed him a cloak and put on a dark grey one on yourself.

Hunter took the dark blue cloak pulling it over him. He flipped on the hood and reached over to you. You felt him gently pull the cloak over your head. He lowered his hand to lace it with yours. 

He pulled you, "Let's go." He said in an almost inaudible voice. 

The two of you, counting Flapjack, run through the town, turning to the school in front of you. Hunter pulled you on his palisman with him and flew up to an open window. 

When you reached the inside of a hallway, you jumped off the palisman, Hunter following. Flapjack turned back to a bird and landed on Hunter's shoulder.

"Where can we hide so no students find us when they come into the school..?" Hunter asked you. You glanced at him and his eyes were puffy and red. He looked exhausted. 

You tensed and pulled his hand. "We'll find a place, Hunter." You looked at him. "I promise."

You both walk around the school looking for an abandoned classroom, a bunker that hasn't been used in years, anything.

You started to get frustrated. You just wanted to put Hunter in a place where he could feel safe enough to sleep. He needs rest. Is that so hard?!

"Y/n," Hunter said softly. "We should take a break."

You looked at him. "No! I-I'll...I'll find you a place to sleep, Hunter! I'll find you a place here where you can feel safe...Just...Hold on, okay?"

Hunter let you pull him around the school again. What else could he do? He was still in shock after what happened earlier. 

You noticed a room that's blocked off and yellow tape around it saying Caution. You looked at Hunter. "Stay here, I'll check it out."

You squeezed yourself in the door and saw a stage with a gaping hole. Some seats were torn up, but that's it. It looked relatively safe.

You ran to the door, peeking out. "Here, Hunter! Come on!"

He exchanged a look with Flapjack before pulling himself through the doors. You caught his hand before he fell and you ran toward the stage, pulling him to a part that wasn't damaged. It was between two red curtains. 

He looked at you. "This doesn't look too bad." He offered half-heartedly.

You nodded. "We have, like, seven hours until school opens. Look for some food around the school and I'll look for things like books and sleeping bags, okay?"

Hunter looked at the doors and hesitated. "Okay..."

You brought him into a hug which he froze, surprised. "Please be safe, okay? We can group back here in ten minutes."

Hunter brought his hands to your back and wrapped his arms around you tightly. "Okay..."

You both ran to the doors before going separate ways. 

You ran to the library. You knew for sure Hunter was going to want to know what a Grimwalker is, so you were going to find him some books. Not for him to look at tonight, because he needed sleep, but maybe tomorrow if he's ready. 

You searched the library and found five in a few minutes. You collected them and put them a leather bag near you. You pulled the leather bag over your shoulders and went to look for some sleeping bags. 

You reached a classroom that looked homey. You went through it grabbing two sleeping bags, a lime green one and an orange one.

You found a fluffy blanket and grabbed that too.

You headed back to the auditorium. When you squeezed back in, you saw Hunter putting a pile of bagged food on the ground. You ran up to him. "Hunter, look what I found!" You rushed to the stage pulling out the two sleeping bags. You placed them on the ground next to each other. 

Hunter smiled a little. "Great, now sleeping can be comfortable." He said. 

You grinned. "That's not all!" You exclaimed. You pulled out a fluffy blanket. "In case we get cold!" 

Hunter took the blanket, putting his face in it. "It's soft." He said quietly. Hunter set it down beside your sleeping bags. 

You sat on the orange one and he sat on the lime green one. "That's not all," You said softly. "I found you some books about Grimwalkers." You took the five books out one by one. "In case you wanted to learn more about them..."

He grabbed one. "H-How did you know I'd want to learn more about it?" He asked his eyes flicking to you.

You laughed. "You're a big nerd. You love learning about things...I figured you'd want to know about your body a little more..."

"I'm not a nerd," Hunter said pouting before setting the book down. 

You smiled. "You're a huge nerd. But...you're my nerd."

Hunter smiled at you, his face flushing red. "Yeah...well, you're my dumbass..." He said quietly. 

You flushed and said, "I-I'm not a dumbass."

"Yeah, you are." He said playfully. You pinched him and he laughed lightly. 

You smiled. "We should get to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow..."

Hunter nodded and got in the sleeping bag. You were about to go in yours when you heard, "Y/n?"

You looked at Hunter. "Yeah?"

"Could...you maybe...sleep in my sleeping bag with me?" Hunter asked, shy. 

You raised your eyebrows. Well...

"Okay," you said slipping in next to him.  Hunter quickly trapped you in a hug, cuddling you. You smiled hugging back, placing you head on his chest while his chin rested on yours. 

It's quiet. 

"What do you think will happen..? Now that we're on the run..." Hunter asked in the silence.

You sighed, "I-...I don't know."