|Thirteen

Yall can find my twitter here lol ^

Hunter let out a silent gasp before putting a hand over your mouth. "Shh, I got this," He said softly. 

You watched him get up and out of the shadows. 

"What are you doing here, Golden Guard?" Gus said raising his palisman. "Where your partner? The Silver Soldier?"

Hunter stepped forward. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He said darkly, and he smirked. "But rest assured Gus I-"

You shifted and made a bunch of stuff fall.

OH FUCKING HELL- You thought panicking.

You looked up and saw that Gus and Hunter were looking at you shocked. Flapjack landed on your shoulder.

Hunter blushed before stepping in front of the mess and you.

Gus studied you quickly. Strange. He thought before shaking his head. He never saw you without your mask. You didn't show up to the Flyer Derby match, and he wasn't sure why. 

Maybe you did show up, and he just didn't notice you.

You stood slowly and walked next to Hunter.

Gus looked at the two of you, a bit concerned. "I'll ask you one more time. What are you doing here, Hunter? And..." He trailed off.

"Y/n," You supplied.

"Y/n." Gus repeated and relaxed his defensive stance. Hunter narrowed his eyes, turning to the side, eyeing Gus. 

Flapjack flew off your shoulder and to Hunter's, chirping. He flew around Hunter, pulling his hair as Hunter cried out.

"OW OW OW OW-"

You burst out laughing, pointing at Hunter. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Hunter pulled away, "Okay! Fine!" He gave in, his hood falling off. "The truth is-"

You cut him off. "We got fired and now the emperor wants our heads--"

Hunter covered your mouth quickly. "NO!" He snapped, panic on his face. He didn't look at Gus.  "What they meant to say was that...our living situation has been...compromised." He said lowering his hand from your mouth. "MAYBE." He said not wanting to give in that you both needed help.

"So we needed a place to crash," You added helpfully.

Hunter shoved your face away. "Temporarily!" He said looking at Gus.

You wiped a tear, chuckling. Gus stares, shocked. They're not even acting like their roles as Golden Guard and Silver Soldier...What?

Hunter looked at Gus, embarrassed. He glared at you. "Hexside was the only place Y/n could think of."

"Hey! Why are you saying it like it's a bad thing?!" You demanded.

Gus glanced at you and Hunter raising an eyebrow. "How...vague of you two." He said slowly. "Do you know where Luz is by any chance?"

Hunter looked at you, then Gus. "She's-"

"She's not with the Owl Lady?" You cut in. 

Hunter touched your arm. He opened his mouth to say something when, "Students! Please join me in the gym for an important announcement!"

You raised an eyebrow when Gus said, "I'm not sure what either of you are going through, but that much Hex Mix can't be good for your stomach." Gus tossed his lunch at Hunter and you both peered in.

Inside was a sandwich, an orange, and an apple. Your mouth started to water. Gus ran out the door and you both sat down. 

Hunter gave you the sandwich. 

"Huh-" You start. "Wait, at least cut it in half-" 

"No, you eat the sandwich. I don't want it." Hunter said just as his stomach growled. You smiled and pulled the sandwich in two, giving him half. 

He hesitantly took it. "But- You need to eat as much food as you can get, it's unhealthy." He said pushing it back to you.

You shook your head. "No, we split. We both need to eat."

And that's what you did. Cut the apple in half, and pulled the orange in half.

As you both at, Hunter leaned into you, chewing boredly. You smiled brightly at him and leaned into him.

You both enjoyed the sandwich together.