|Five

The day Hunter went to find titan's blood, you were sick. Extremely sick. Mushrooms growing on your head and everything. Hunter stopped by earlier to find you passed out on the floor.

He panicked until he found out you were breathing but sick. So, he tucked you in bed, gave you soup, and left.

That was a week ago.

You were all better now, but Hunter?

He got the titan blood he needed from the key. At least, that's what he told you. He told you about how Belos was trying to fix the door to the human realm too, but...he seemed down.

When he was doing the palisman observations he sounded normal, but probably because he was distracted with Flapjack.

But after he cut off the video, he got quiet for a few seconds before he said, "I'm going to bed..."

You got up from your desk and opened your bedroom door. You left your room and knocked on Hunter's.

"Come in." You turned the doorknob and entered. Hunter smiled slightly when he saw you. "Y/n, what's up?"

You shut the door and crossed your arms. "I should be asking you the same thing, Hunter. You've been out of it since that mission. What happened?"

Hunter looked at his book. "Nothing, alright?"

You pressed your lips together. "Do you expect me to believe that?" You walked to his desk and hugged him. "I wanna know what's wrong with my bestie!"

He sighed. "I just had to fight the youngest Blight...and took the key from her...but the key was broken.."

You rested your chin on his shoulder. "She broke the key before giving it to you?"

"Yeah. The blood was gone by the time I got to the castle..." He covered his face groaning. "And  Belos wasn't too happy with me leaving the castle without permission. But...he didn't punish me, so that was okay."

Hunter leaned back on the chair, his head landing back on your shoulder.

"i just...I just wish I could help, Y/n. But I don't know how...I don't want to be replaced...I don't want you to be replaced either..." His eyes flick to you. "Did you know that in the human realm, rain doesn't boil?"

You raised your eyebrows. "It doesn't?"

"No. Belos said he's been in the human realm. Isn't that cool?" 

You didn't answer. How did Belos go to the human realm with the owl lady had the door for nearly thirty years before Luz destroyed it? Belos at least had to be the same age as Eda, maybe a few twenty years older..Even then, before Eda had the door, Belos had been emperor...

You held your head. "Ugh, thinking about this hurts my head." 

Hunter tilted his head up at you. "Thinking about what?"

"Uh...nothing. But that's really cool."

Hunter shrugged and smiled. "If Belos gets the door fixed...maybe I could take you to the human realm!" He said hopefully. "We can explore it together! Learn new things from a different realm together...eat human food together! Attend human school together! It could have excellent opportunities!..."

You looked at him, your face burning. Together?

Hunter grinned at you. "When he gets the door fixed, if we ask Belos, we can spend a few days in the human realm!"

You looked away, your face practically on fire. Your heart raced and your mouth felt dry. He wants to go to the human realm with me. 

You looked at your hands which were sweating. You touched your chest and felt your heart pounding. Your stomach squirmed and the room felt hotter than usual. Oh my titan, I'm becoming a mess!