|Nine

'''''''''

Listen to perfume by lovejoy please :)

'''''''''

You sat on the snow ground, against the portrait that made you realize that Kid Belos that Luz and Hunter was with grew up to kill his brother. 

You stared at the ground. Now Hunter is with him. You thought. Will Kid Belos hurt them?

You looked up, wondering which portrait the two went in. You weren't sure. But you waited.

You heard that familiar laugh and got up. You looked down the pathway and saw Hunter and Luz step out, both looking shaken.

"Guys!" You called. 

Luz and Hunter ignore you. 

"You can't deny it now!" She said. "Belos is trying to hurt people!"

Hunter stormed forward before turning slightly to look at her. "H-He was just protecting sigil magic!" He stammered. "An-And m-maybe! He's remembering thing wrong! Who knows how mindscapes work?"

You walked toward the two, watching them. The kid laughed again and Hunter turned around to find the kid. 

"I thought you did!" Luz said. 

Hunter looked at her. "Well maybe I'm an idiot!" He snapped angrily. He turned back to the kid. "You! Get back here!"

Hunter ran, you and Luz following. You stop when you all heard a roar. You all turn to see the monster and Luz screamed, along with Hunter.

"Guys, wait!" You yelled. Hunter grabbed your arm, pulling. "I-It's not dangerous!" 

You were pulled along the path and reach the portrait. The kid jumped in. Luz was halfway when when she looked at Hunter, holding out her hand. "Hunter..."

Hunter glanced at the monster, and then you. He looked at Luz taking her hand. You gasped as Hunter pulled you in the portrait. 

The monster stuck its nose in, sniffing for a certain smell. Hunter gripped your arm. You all let out a relieved breath before looking at the memory you were in when it left

Luz gasped angrily before turning to you and Hunter. "He's got the portal?!" She exclaimed running forward. "Did you know about this?!"

Hunter sniffed, following the kid closer to the memory. "Of course. We helped rebuild it."

The voice of Belos made you shiver. "I can hear you~" 

There was a laugh, but different from kid Belos. You unconsciously grabbed Hunter's hand, squeezing it hard. 

He raised his eyebrows, looking at you, then your hands. He flushed, looking away, and held your hand back. 

A entity that looked like a moon, and looked as if the entity wore a cloak. On the cloak, one half had suns, and the other half had moons.

"Caught me~" The entity cooed. He floated around like paper and said, "To you who stray so far from home! To me who's trapped beneath these bones! We'll play forever, me and you! When you paint the land in nine bright hues!"

You gulped as the strange entity shifted from different things as he rhymed. It laughed mischievously.

Belos doesn't seem too surprised to see the strange thing. "What can I do for you, collector." He said softly.

The entity, named Collector, whined. "I'm bored!" The Collector landed in the arms of a statue. "Is the draining spell ready yet? I wanna play and see everything go all-"

You jumped when the Collector made a shrieking sound. Chaotic...

The Emperor only smiled and turned, walking down the steps. "You'll have your fun on the day of unity..."

The Collect sang a rhyme again. "Betrayed, beguiled, alone, deceived! We'll have our revenge on..." It trailed off thinking before rolling its eyes irritated. "Ugh, unity is so hard to rhyme..."

Luz glared are Hunter and you. Hunter strugged. You just stared at it. Out of nowhere, the memory of  Hunter literally ran through Hunter startling you and him.

Hunter touched his body, freaking out. You touched his shoulder worried. "Are you okay?!"

The sound of Hunter's voice caught your attention and you looked at him. 

"I-I know you didn't want me going to Eclipse Lake, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have found this!" Hunter held up the key, titan blood slowly dripping out.

You looked at Hunter. "I thought you said there was no more titan blood in the key when you gave it to Belos?"

Hunter sighed. "There wasn't much."

Past Hunter said carefully to Belos, "Some...of the titan blood did spill, but if you let me explain-"

Belos cut Hunter off with a dark, serious voice. "Leave. Now." 

The second past Hunter left, the Collector peeked out from behind the door. "Oooh, you were mad~" It sang. "I thought you were gonna go all-" Yet again, the Collector shrieked, only mocking the form of Belos's curse. "..on that kid~"

Belos turned away from the Collector. "Not as long as he stays in the right path." He said quietly. "I say, 'the titan has big plans for you' and he does what he's told...Unlike the previous attempts."

You balled your fists, stepping toward past Belos. Hunter grab your shoulder shaking his head.

"I'm starting to think you make those things just to destroy them..." The Collector said laughing slightly. "You have fun with it! Admit it!"

Belos smiled again. "Of course I don't, Collector." He said. "It hurts everytime he chooses to betray me."

You all step out of the memory. Luz, attempting to convince Hunter, and you feeling so...angry at Belos.

"What a dick!" You snapped looking back at a portrait. 

Luz jumped out the portrait, helping Hunter out of it. "It sounds like he's trying to wipe out all life in the Demon Realm." Luz said desperately. "And the sigils help him do that." 

You and Luz followed him as he walked forward, silent. 

Luz looked at you, then Hunter. "Hunter, um, listen." She said quietly. "And Y/n? You two don't need to return to the castle...You guys can stay at the Owl House if you want!"

She smiled. "I'm sure Eda will be cool with it once we tell her..." She starts to trail off, her words going quiet. "..what we saw..."

You realized Hunter was staring at something. You stepped to the side and nearly throw up. A hallway of previous Golden Guards, their deaths on the portrait, and their masks on the ground.