|Twelve

|2 days in hiding

"Y/n..." Hunter said quietly shaking your shoulder. You opened your eyes. 

You groaned. "Whaaaaat?" You said looking at him. 

He held two breakfast buns, and held one to you. You sat up and took it gingerly. "Where'd you get this?" You asked looking at him. 

He bit into his. "I went out into town.." Hunter explained. 

"What? But you would have gotten caught!" You gasped.

He shrugged. "But I didn't."

"You could have!"

"But I didn't."

"But-"

"Y/n, we haven't eating any proper food since two days ago. You must be really hungry...you should eat." He cut you off and motioned to the breakfast bun.

You looked at him, hesitating. You bit into it, giving up. It was a little cold, but it was still so good. 

You hum before biting into it again. "It's so good..." You muttered in a soft voice. Hunter nodded and finished his portion. 

You soon finished and looked up to find Hunter sitting on the fluffy blanket, reading one of the books your brought him. You went over and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Have you found out much?" You asked.

He leaned into you. "Somewhat..." He sighed. 

"Like what?" 

Hunter glanced at you. "To make a grimwalker, you need galdorstones for heart and power, Palistrom wood for keratin, stonesleeper lungs..Selkidomus scales...bones of orcer.."

You nodded. He continues and said, "A grimwalker is an artificial witch, Y/n...I'm. I'm a fake witch..."

You wrapped your arms around him. "It's okay, Hunter..."

He clung onto you and whispered, "Why are you even friends with me..? I'm not a real witch like you..."

You laughed a little. "Hunter, do you really think I'm going to stop being your friend just because you're grimwalker?" You asked.

He buried his face in your shoulder. "Yeah..."

You held him closer. "No, Hunter. That's not true." You said firmly. "I'm friends with you because you're still the Hunter I love. I love you because of your personality. Not where you come from or what you can and can't do. I love you because you're still Hunter, you're still my best friend..."

Hunter flushed. "I love you too, Y/n. You're my best friend too..."

You heard chirps coming from Flapjack and saw him fly in. Then you saw a student fly in on his staff.

"Hunter-" You gasp. "It's that Gus kid you played Flyer Derby with!"

Sorry for a short chapter, my finals start tomorrow and next week, so I'll be busy with school!