|Twenty-Two

You wrote in your notebook on ways you could get into to the human realm, but every note you took and tried, it never worked.

But you woke up and decided: Today was going to be different.

You got Jake up, shaking his shoulder. "Hey. Hey. Wake up!" You said.

He groaned in response before opening his eyes. "What time is it?"

You frowned. "It's one in the afternoon." You answered. "I have an idea! What if the glyphs the human used can be used to make a portal!"

He sat up rubbing his eyes. "What?" Jake looked at your face and saw that you were grinning. Wildly. "What?" He repeated.

"W-What if there's like- a teleportation glyph! Maybe we can make a portal with that! Right?!"

Jake's shoulders lowered themselves and he looked at you sad. "Y/n, I get that you miss Hunter but–"

"Come on! THere HAS to be a glyph combo!"

"Y/n! Did you even sleep last night? You look really tired. Maybe you should–" He looked you up and down. "Sleep..."

"Ahh, you're no help!" You said, sighing. "I'll catch you later, I'm going to experiment!"

You got up before he could stop you and ran out. A little experimenting is going to turn out awesome and I'm gonna make a portal and then–"

You opened the door to the hideout to hide from the Collector. You sat yourself on the ground a few feet away from the Hideout. You were making glyph combos for hours until night and right when you thought you made the perfect one to start the, uh, 'portal', Liam came outside.

"Y/n, come on...let's go inside, it's getting dark..."

You smiled, turning your head. "Liam, look! I got it~" You sang. Liam didn't believe you, but still sat down next to you.

"What do you got?" He asked, sighing

"I'm going to press this glyph and it's going to open the portal to the human realm!" You exclaimed.

"How do you know?"

"Because it's all the glyphs together, duh!" You said. "It works all the time in movies!"

You grinned. "I'm gonna press it!"

"WAIT-"

You slammed your hand on the glyph drawn in the dirt and there was an explosion. Liam pulled himself over you immediately and you tried to see if it worked.
.
The smoke faded and Liam got up, worried. "Are you okay?" He asked you.. "Do you need to be healed?" He looked up. "Jake!"

You deflated as you saw nothing passed the smoke. "I'm fine..."

Out of nowhere, a portal opened and you grabbed Liam's shoulder. "Liam! Look!"

Liam turned his eyes from you and looked behind him. A big monster-like creature made out of goo came running out and paused when it saw you two. Its eyes stayed on you and Liam pulled out his palisman. Then it ran away, disappearing into the woods.

You and Liam looked at each other then the portal. "Did it work?" You asked as you both got up staring at it. You gathered your things and followed Liam to the portal.

"No..." Liam said slowly. "No it didn't."

Another figure came out followed by five more. You jump startled as you see movement. and you froze. Wait...

These were...normal figures.

You squint your eyes and then, they widen with tears. You screamed and laughed. "Hunter!" you dropped all the notebooks and papers you were carrying and ran at the person who appeared, Hunter.

Hunter jumped startled and looked up. His eyes widened and he ran to you almost immediately. You both collided into each other, hugging.

He gasped. "Y/n! You're okay! Oh jeez-" He pulled back from the hug and studied you. "You're not hurt? You look– wow, you look...older than when I last saw you! You- You look tired!" He stammered.

You laughed as tears fell down your face, and Hunter soon realized he was crying too. He quickly wiped his eyes and brought you in a hug again.

You bury your face in his shoulder and you're the one who pulled back again. "Your hair grew out- and...What happened to your face? The scar!" You touched his face confused.

"Oh...It's a lot to explain..." He answered hesitantly.

Liam smiled and put his palisman away.

Jake's sister Sam and Jake heard your scream and came running out with their palismen. "Y/n! What's wrong!" Jake panicked, worried you had completely gone insane.

Then he saw the group of people he recognized from Hexside.

"Y/n!" Gus grinned and ran to you.

You looked over Hunter's shoulder and saw Gus. "Gus! Willow!"

You all gave each other hugs and then Amity started looking around. Willow pulled her over and introduced her to you.

"You're a blight!" You realized. "I heard a lot about you," Smiling, you shook her hand.

Finally Luz and Camila came from the portal. Luz looked up and saw you. "Y/n!" She gasped. "What are you- How are you-"

You went up to her and gave her a hug. "Are you okay?" You asked. "How are you doing?"

She teared up and smiled. "I'm doing better now...Y/n, this is my mom Camila," She motioned to the woman behind her.

You looked and saw a taller woman with really curly hair and dark skin. "Hi," You smiled.

Camila returned the smile and said, "Hello."

Hunter went up to you. "Y/n, have you seen a large goo looking monster run past here?" He asked, grabbing your shoulder.

Everyone gathered around each other as you answered. "Uh, yeah. Um, was it Belos?"

They nodded. "Which way did he go?" Amity asked you.

"Wait, I thought Belos was dead," Jake interjected. "The Collector announced it a few hours after the day of Unity."

"No...he somehow got into the human realm." Luz said. "Y/n, which way did he go?"

You pointed to the left, "That way. He was really fast. Thought he was gonna attack us..."

Liam nodded. "Yeah, he just stared at us and then ran off into the woods..."

Luz looked in the direction where you pointed. "I guess we should start hunting him." She said.

Camila nodded. "Yes!"

"Maybe you guys should come up with a plan." Sam spoke up. "Saw saw that thing run past from my window. You really need a plan. You all should sleep. You look exhausted. We'll come up with a plan, and then we can all fight him with a plan."

You nodded. "Yeah!"

Sam narrowed their eyes at you before looking away. "We have a lot of room in our hideout. You should get your injuries fixed, rest, then we can all talk."

Camila hesitated and nodded. "Alright guys, in the hideout."

You all made your way in your hideout and shut the door behind you, tight.

While everyone was asleep you stared at Hunter while he slept. He was back. You felt so relieved he was back.

So relieved.

But you wondered what happened...and where was Flapjack?