|Fifteen

Hunter touched your arm. "Stay here!" He warned before running out from under the bleachers. 

"Wait what-" You start but he was already gone. You curse and got up, running out the bleachers. You saw Hunter shove Adrien away roughly and pull Gus to safety. 

You watched them disappear in an illusion. You start to follow after them when you hear a boy, "Stop it!"

You turned your head and saw a boy with amber colored hair and green eyes. A scout grabbed his arm.

 A scout grabbed his arm

"Hey!" You drew a spell circle and shot the scout back. You ran and grabbed the student's arm and ran into an illusion. 

Both of you ran until you thought you were safe.

The boy breathed heavily and smiled at you. "Thanks! You saved me! I'm Jake! And you are..?"

You paused. "My name is Y/n. We should get you to a safe place," You said looking around. You were in town. 

He studied you. "I don't recognize you from Hexside. Are you new?" He asked.

"Uh- No," You said slowly and started to walk down the street carefully, placing your hand on a building. 

You realized there was a locker! Your hand trailed across the lockers to navigate through the illusion.

After I get this kid to safety, I can go find Hunter. You thought. 

"Are...you a student here?"

You glanced at him. "...Yes," You said looking away. Obviously a lie, but he doesn't have to know that. "But I'm sick most of the time, so I don't show up,"

"Ah," He said. "How old are you?"

You raised an eyebrow and stepped down the steps. Yep. Real steps. "I'm, uh, sixteen. What about you?"

That wasn't a lie, you were just confused on why this boy was asking you questions. Jake smiled. "I'm fifteen. Do you have a boyfriend?"

You paused. "What? Why do you want to know?" You asked turning to look at him.

"I was just wondering," He said. "I just recently got a boyfriend a few weeks ago. I'm worried he got hurt or something."

You raised your eyebrows. "Oh. Okay. I- I don't have a boyfriend," You said turning forward. 

"Oh, do you like someone?" Jake asked curiously. 

You blushed a darker skin tone. "I- I guess you could say that,"

"Ohh! Who?!" 

You walked faster, flustered. "You won't know them. Let's just focus on finding you a safe place," You said quickly. 

Jake followed after you. "Oh! Alright!"

"Hunter? Why'd you save me back there? From getting a sigil? Don't those guys work for you?" Gus asked Hunter, following him.