|Fourteen

"Do you think that we should check what that announcement was about?" You asked Hunter as he started toward the books you collected for him a while back.

He looked at you, frowning. "And why would we do that? It's probably something with Grudgby or something..." He turned his head and reached for a book.

Something didn't sit right with you. You didn't know what it was, but you were going to get to the bottom of this. 

"Hunter, can we check it out- I-I...I have a bad feeling about it." You said tensing up. 

Hunter glanced at you and studied your face. You were being serious for once. He sighed getting up. "Yeah, fine. Let's go." He held out his and you took it, letting out a breath.

You both walk out and made your way silently to the gym. You both slipped past students and hid behind the bleachers. 

The principal of Hexside spoke as is started to quiet down. "Uh, students, teachers, let me introduce the esteemed-"

A man in a raggedy hood cut him off. "Please, Principal Bump, I deserve no accolades." He said smoothly. The strange man stepped forward and pull off his hood to reveal The Head of the Illusionist Coven.

You looked at Hunter, "What the hell is he doing here?!" You demanded in a loud whisper.

Hunter seemed to tense up, "I...I don't know!" He looked at you. "We need to get out of here. It's not safe is someone else from the Emperor's Coven is here!"

You touched his arm. "Wait, let's hear what he has to say," You said quietly. 

He looked at you in disbelief. "What?"

You frowned. "It's not like we have a choice. Any movement we make to get out of here will be seen by the people on stage. Let's just stay here until it's over."

He inhaled sharply before letting it out. "Fine."

You both turned to the stage again.

"Hello everyone, my name is Adrien Graye, the Head Witch of the Illusionist Coven." There were gasps in the crowd and they looked at the witch in distrust.

Adrien spoke in a clear voice, "Unfortunately, I'm not here with good news." He looked around at the students. "The Emperor's Coven has plans to stop multitrack studies by inducting every Hexside student into a Coven before the Day of Unity."

There were more gasps and you rolled your eyes. "The Day of Unity is going to kill us all, thank you very much." You hissed crossing your arms.

Hunter shot a look at you. "Shhh,"

"Mother Titan!" Someone yelled in the crowd and you both heard two loud rips.

Principal Bump spoke up quickly. "Don't worry! No one's magic is going to be sealed away!" He said. "Head Witch Graye supports us, and has come to help!"

"What?!" You and Hunter say in unison, in a hushed tone.

You and Hunter exchange a look, not believing it one bit. You looked at Adrien and said, "W-Well, maybe he does want to help?" You stammered. 

"Oh, don't be ridiculous, Y/n. He's not going to betray the Coven. There's a catch, I know it." Hunter frowned at you.

You pressed your lips together. Hunter's right. Adrien's up to no good.

You saw one of Adrien's helpers walk into the crowd and grab one of the Blight Twins. "Let's see where this goes," Hunter breathed almost quietly.

"Before any Coven Scouts come by, I'm going to make illusions of sigils on your wrist." Adrien explained. "They'll be temporary and harmless."

The Blight Twin, Edric, said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait, wait, I just started the other tracks." He looked nervous. "Are you sure this is safe?"

You weren't sure what to think. This actually seemed like a good idea. But when you looked at Hunter, he looked just as confused. 

"Don't worry," Adrien said. "Once the Scouts see the fake sigil, they'll move on and you can continue your studies in peace." 

Edric pulled up is sleeve, still a little anxious. Adrien smirked looking down. "Now hold still," He said lowly as he held Edric's wrist.

Adrien's hand was about to touch Edric's wrist when Gus Porter yelled, "Stop!"

You and Hunter's eyes land on the small boy shocked. The crowd turns around and Gus looked almost mad. "Don't trust him! He's hiding behind an illusion!"

He mad a big spell circle and pushed, revealing Adrien's true form. A Coven Scout Leader.

Edric gasped. Principal Bumps and the Illusionist teacher slid in front of their student, ready to protect him.

Hunter pulled your arm just as they were about to fight. "Let's go!"

"CUT!" 

You and Hunter froze and slowly looked back.  "Just...mnngh. Just cut."

There were puffs of blue smoke and Coven Scouts, big and small appeared around the gym. And above the bleachers you and Hunter hid.

Then finally, the real Adrien Graye appeared. "Alright! Couple of notes! Tom," He pointed at the Scout nearest. "That Adrien illusion was lacking a certain...you get me?"

The scout shrugged. "Huh?"

You narrowed your eyes. He gets on my nerves.

"I remember why I hate him now." Hunter growled.

"Severine! That was really!...Poor work." He said to a tall Scout. "You're on thin ice!"

She looked down, discouraged. "Aw..."

Adrien moved to the Leader who was his illusion. "Captain, the read of your last line was just a little...mh."

The Scout Leader paused. "I don't know what that means."

"You'll figure it out!" Adrien said shoving his coffee in the Leader's hands. Adrien then teleported behind Gus and Hunter gasped. 

"And you." Adrien said darkly, grabbing onto Gus's arm. "Well you just ruined any chance we had of making this something!" 

Gus struggled angrily. "You were going to trick us into getting sigils!" He snapped.

Adrien had a Scout put on a Sigil Glove on his free hand as he rolled his eyes, "Uh, yeah! I work for Belos. It's kinda my job." He said as if it was obvious. 

Hunter started to get up when you caught his arm and pointed up at the guards above you at this moment. 

He seemed to realize too. He looked at Gus worried. 

"But, let's make sure you can never use your little illusion tricks again." Adrien said smirking. "Shall we?"

Gus widened his eyes, fear flashing in them. "No! No! Stay back! I said stay-" there was a loud shocking noise around the gym as Gus shouted, "BACK!"

Soon the gym...wasn't the gym.