|Twenty-One

I've decided to move the chapters here!

Renege: To renege is to go back on your word or fail to keep a promise.

You stopped, frozen as you watched the pieces of the portal fly up in the air. How did this happen?

Jake wrapped a blanket around you, but you didn't react. It was only yesterday when you saw Hunter, your best friend on the other side of the portal that led them to the human realm, only for it to shut and break apart when you stepped toward it.

You were frozen.

All you heard was the strange person singing a rhyme.

You almost let the head of the titan break apart and kill you when you felt a yank.

Suddenly, you were in the air.

You blinked out of your trance and realized you were on a palisman staff. You looked up and saw Jake, his eyes wide. You turned and saw Liam, his boyfriend.

"Titan, Y/n! Are you alright? Why were you just standing there?!" Jake asked in disbelief.

You were so distant and confused around Jake the last time you saw him. But now you were so thankful he was there...

You covered your mouth as tears fell down your face as you started to process what had happened. "He's gone..." you whimpered.

Liam opened his mouth before glancing at Jake who stared ahead.

"Who?" Jake questioned softly.

"Hunter...he's gone! I can't get to him anymore..."

Jake widened his eyes again. "Is he-" he paused before continuing in a hushed voice. "Dead?"

You looked at him startled. "W-What? No! He's in the human realm with Luz and her friends... I was too late..."

Covered your face trying to control your breathing. How could I let this happen?

You lost Hunter over a year ago and he didn't show up. Not once.

Well you were going to make a plan.

"Y/n! You haven't had any sleep! You should take a break."

You looked at him. "I can't."

"Eda...do you know any way I can contact Hunter? Is there a way to make another portal?"

"Listen kid, there is a way to at least come in contact with him, but it's very unstable and you could-"

"I don't care. I need to see where he is and how I can get to him!"

"...Well, we're going to need King."

"Then let's go get him!"

"That would be suicide! We need to come up with a plan and take him from the collector."

"Fine..."

"Hunter!"
"Y/n?"
"Y/n!"

Chapter One: OCT 15, 2022