~ Prologue ~

It hurt. A lot.

It hurt so incredibly much, I couldn't possibly be able to find the right words to describe the pain.

That mouse-brain - well I guess not that much of a mouse-brain - heard me shuffling backwards from that bush. But that mouse-brain - again I guess not THAT much of a mouse-brain - decided it'd be best if he SHREDDED the bush. It just HAD to be the ONE cat who's got claws as long as the Great Cats themselves! Because not only did he shred the BUSH. THE NOT THAT MUCH OF A MOUSE-BRAIN SHREDDED ME!

Being the small thing I am, I squealed. I attempted to scrabble backwards back to the border. As I did so, his huge shape came into view as he stepped over the bu- well what used to be a bush. His gleaming amber eyes still had that evil and calculating glow to them. Refusing to let my spirit die in THIS wicked place, I hissed and spat at him before getting back on my paws in a rush. I was just about to start running when I felt that pain.

Gasping, I limped as fast as I could to the border, it was my only chance of not fading. Soon enough, I felt groggy and dizzy, through the pain and fuzziness I managed to crawl right to the border. But before I could make it over, I collapsed with spasms of pain running through me. Then everything went black.

Luckily, it wasn't dark for long, images started flashing before my eyes. No, not images. Memories.

They were all flashing before me, in reverse chronological order. The funny thing? I couldn't remember what memory it was after it flashed.

But then it reached my memories as a kit.

No. I couldn't let the best memories of my life be taken away from me like that. I wrapped every part of my soul possible around those precious moments. Then, all those memories quite literally soaked into me. Before I could take in what happened, everything flashed white.