~ Rising Storm ~

Rainsong's POV

I was washing my face with a rather dark scowl on my face. My fighting hadn't been my best, and that would most indefinitely cause suspicion from Tigerclaw if he found out.

"Rainsong!" Speak of the Dark Forest cat.

Closing my eyes for a moment to calm myself, I got up and padded up to him. Once again, we were in the middle of the little clearing.

"I have news for you." Tigerclaw informed me.

"I mean it's quite obvious, so spit it out." I retorted, my patience running out.

Startled from my sudden mood, he did in fact spit out the news. "Your eye is to be paid today."

I gave a dignified sniff, all the blood in my head drained down to my paws. "Why today?"

"Because if I do it in front of a clan, they will not trust me to take over." He stated simply.

"What if it gets infected?"

"I'm very sure you know how to treat your eye." Tigerclaw answered. I grumbled, I did.

"Fine, but we can only start once I have all the things needed to treat the wound." I snapped.

"Very well."

I turned around and faced the rogues. "Blackfoot, go find cobwebs–as many as you can as well as sap, birch would be best; Tangleburr, go find me some marigold, moss and dock leaves; Stumpytail go find me some willow bark or poppy and..." I hesitated. "Clawface, find me some celandine, just in case."

"In case, what?" Tigerclaw growled.

I turned back around to face the massive tom. "In case you don't cleanly pull out my eye and turn it blind. Celandine is used to soothe the eyes."

"Oh, don't you worry, Rainsong." He hissed. "I'll pull it out cleanly."

"Oh, I don't doubt what you'll do, I doubt your skills." I spat back.

"Marigolds usually have bright orange flowers, poppy has bright red flowers and celandine has a bright yellow flower at the top that has only four petals." I informed the rogues who were looking at me with confused expressions. No cat moved. "Well get it now, Tigerclaw's evidently on his toes waiting to get my eye out."

Every cat dashed off. Once every cat was back with the proper herbs–I had to send Clawface out a second time because the daft furball brought a dandelion, I instructed them what to do.

TW: BLOOD AND GORE MENTIONED AHEAD (read at own discretion)

"Whoever doesn't mind getting their paws dirty with blood, I want you to press the cobwebs on where my eye would be. Press firmly but not too hard, stopping the blood is key. If there's too much blood, moss will help soak up blood. If my eye is not cleanly removed, then ignore the cobwebs and drip as much of the celandine juice into my eye. If it is cleanly removed, do the cobwebs, then remove them when the bleeding has either stopped or slowed down to nearly nothing. Once you remove the cobwebs, chew the marigold leaves to pulp and slide it into where my eye should be. Then I want another cat to press pieces of dock leaves over my eyelids and pour some sap over it and put some more cobwebs over the leaves and sap."

Each rogue cat nodded. Tigerclaw on the other paw, he looked like he was recovering from shock. "Well if you're done with instructions, when shall we actually get to it?" He jeered

"Well get on with it if you please!" I sneered in reply.

"Blackfoot, hold her down." He instructed the white tom.