~ Pain ~

Rainsong's POV

I am embarrassed to admit that I had jumped off the tree and ran deeper into the forest with tears overflowing from my eyes. I had just left him there, stunned and deeply hurt. I couldn't bear the idea of hurting him. But that's exactly what I had just done. I then ran into a holly bush. Without thinking, I crept underneath the branches and curled up by the roots. How cruel I had been. Too upset to think about anything in general, memories swept me away into the past.

"Why won't she open her eyes!?" Complained the first she-cat's voice. "It's been 7 sunrises since she was born and she still hasn't opened her eyes!"

"Brindlepaw, be patient." The second she-cat scolded the first. "She'll open them when she's ready!" This voice was laced with worry which contradicted her advice.

So the first she-cat was Brindlepaw, the second voice had come much closer to me. I assumed this was my mother.

"Whitepaw? How nice of you to come visit!" Exclaimed the second voice. "I thought it was Frostfur when I saw that flash of white from the hole in the side of the bramble wall."

"Sorry Robinwing, I just wanted to see if the little one's eyes had opened yet." The third voice, Whitepaw said. He was a tom that much was presumable from his deeper voice. "Frostpaw just had to tell Bluefur that she wanted to visit before they left for training. But she's coming."

"Yep! I'm here! Has she opened her eyes yet?" A fourth voice came, this was Frostpaw. According to my mother she and Whitepaw both shared similar pelts of white? "I wonder what colour they'll be!"

Ugh, can't these cats just be patient!? I don't WANT to open them. But curiosity was itching at me to open them now. I wanted to see what they all looked like! Squeezing my eyes I was about to open them, when some fur poked my nose. The fur tickled my nose causing me to sneeze and open my eyes at the same time. I then yawned and blinked. I was facing some fur, brown with a little bit of ginger on the chest. Oh this was Robinwing my mother! I turned around to see the other cats. Brindlepaw, Frostpaw and Whitepaw.

My eyes met two bright pure white pelts, one with amber eyes and the other with blue eyes. Squeezed in between was a gray she-cat with darker gray stripes.

"Oh her eyes are beautiful!" Frostpaw, the white she-cat with blue eyes exclaimed. "They look like that stone that I found in a bush! It was attached to a sort of loop the colour of Goldenflower's fur! The stone was really something! It was blue in a sense but clear at the same time! Like how water looks like it's got colour but it's actually clear!"

Brindlepaw nodded eagerly along with Frostpaw's words. While Whitepaw had an amused expression on his face, as he saw my eyes on him, he gave me a grin. I smiled at him, and I tried to remember the noise from the last few days. I was sure that I had smelled him come in every single day so far. I decided I would ask Robinwing later.

Soon Frostpaw and Brindlepaw had to leave for patrols, but Whitepaw had just come back so he got to stay. He even played with me! We played moss ball and fox attack, he was the fox, we also played Shadowclan invasion! He even offered me a few badger rides! But later I got tired and Robinwing told me I had to go to sleep now. I reluctantly agreed but fell asleep as soons as I curled up.

Everyday since that day, Whitepaw came to visit. He would always play with me or offer to watch me when Robinwing had to do something but I had to go to sleep. One time when Robinwing was talking with Bluestar, he even helped me clean my puffy fur! Soon he became Whitestorm, a full warrior now! He told me that it wouldn't be long till I was sleeping in the warriors den with him! I was ecstatic.

~ Rainsong's Apprentice Ceremony ~

I was now Rainpaw! And Sunstar was my mentor! He also said that because he would be very busy with leader duties that Bluefur would help with my lessons! I was excited. For the first day, Sunstar just sent me out with Whitestorm and Bluefur for a tour of the forest. It wasn't very fun, I had to smell RiverClan and ShadowClan, but Whitestorm reassured me that the fun stuff would come later on.

~ Rainsong's Warrior Ceremony ~

I was now a full warrior! I was very proud I wouldn't lie, I only wished that Skykit was here with me. But Whitestorm made sure my mood was at its peak all day long. He congratulated me and even teasingly pointed out that I was still only slightly larger than the average new apprentice. I had snapped at him about that but to make up for it, he offered me a squirrel.

Not being able to stay conscious, I drifted off into an uneasy sleep filled with invisible pain.

Whitestorm's POV

I couldn't believe it, how is one cat able to be so selfless? It had honestly hurt a lot, but her reasoning was just pure mouse-brained. I didn't get it, but it did indeed make me feel better knowing that she did love me. What she said was true, I had always wanted a little family, to be specific Rainsong's and my family. But she couldn't do it, that did disappoint me a little but I still felt that unconditional love for her. She didn't understand.

Brindlekit and Frostkit had just become Brindlepaw and Frostpaw when Sunstar made another announcement. Robinwing was having kits again! I felt this sort of bubbly energy that made me smile in a way that I couldn't stop. I had no idea why I was so excited. I had come to the conclusion that it was because we hadn't had any new kits lately.

~ 2 Moons Later ~

Robingwing had just finished kitting and I had gone to visit. Sadly the firstborn, a tom, had died. Nonetheless Robinwing gave him a name, Skykit. She said she chose Skykit because he would watch his littermate from the sky day and night. The second born, a little she-kit was named Rainkit. This time Robinwing had named the she-kit after the blotch of blue-gray that resembled a drop of rain. When I saw Rainkit for the first time, I felt really bad. The poor little thing was half the size of a typical newborn kit! But after that feeling of pity, I felt that bubbly warm energy again. This time I was very unsure of what it was and pushed it to the back of my mind.

~ Few Weeks Later ~

I visited the nursery daily, I always just felt a pull to the warm den. Every time I was even remotely close to the entrance of the nursery, a little tortoiseshell she-kit would poke her head out squealing: 'Whitepaw! You're here!' I found this funny because the way she said it, it seemed like I had been gone for moons! I also looked forward to my daily visits, the little thing was definitely a bundle of joy I loved having around.

One day when I was giving her a badger ride, she started squealing and laughing. Her laugh sounded so pure and innocent it made me freeze for a moment. Then I felt that bubbly warm energy for a third time. That was when I figured it out. I loved Rainkit. Since before I got to know her, I loved her. I had loved her since the moment I knew of her existence. And I was sure this would never change.

~ End Of Chapter A/n ~

Welp I hope that made up for not being able to show you guys much of their relationship. Instead, you guys got an entire chapter dedicated to their memories! Yay! This broke my heart writing this chapter. I hope you enjoyed Whitestorm's POV! Lol you guys are probably getting sick of not seeing other characters. I can promise that Firepaw and Graypaw will both be in the next chapter! Who knows, maybe even Sandpaw and Dustpaw! Idk yet hard to believe I've only done 5 chapters of the actual book. While here in this fanfic I've got 7 chapters. OnO And I planned on doing this to cover the first series, third and fourth. (You guys will find out why not the second) If requested I'll do the fifth and sixth series too! But I for now only plan on 1, 3 and 4. Minor detail: next chapter skips into Chapter 6 of the OG book.

Bonus: I should probably mention that Frostpaw was comparing Rainkit's eyes to a ring. So basically I'm just gonna say some two-leg lost their ring. This ring has a gemstone on it. This gemstone is actually the colour of Rainsong's eyes, as well as my birthstone! Can you guys guess which stone it is? Comment down below your guesses! Hope you enjoyed that chapter!

~ LittleOwl