~ Death Again ~

Rainsong's POV (Two moons pre-message 6 of bonus scene)

I took another bite of the mouse I was sharing with Whitestorm when my ears pricked and a strong invisible feeling pulled me towards the Dark Forest border.

Whitestorm noticed and asked: "What's wrong?"

"Something is coming..." I muttered, mostly to myself. Getting up, I walked mindlessly towards the border.

Whitestorm followed me, and as I was about to cross, he pulled me back by the scruff.

"What are you trying to do?" He hissed in a scolding manner as he dropped me.

"There's something going on there! And I'm going to find out what, all I know is that it will endanger not only the Clans but us as well." I spat back in contempt.

"Rainsong, you've got more sense than that!" He pleaded with me. "Don't go over there!"

I touched my nose to his for a moment, then pulled back. "Don't worry, I promise I'll come back to you."

His gaze softened. "Please...don't go. You might not come back."

"I promised I would, didn't I?" I replied. "You know that I don't break my promises. Go back to the others and wait for me there, if I don't come back soon, you can come look for me."

With one last look at Whitestorm, I charged over the border. Dropping into a crouch, I moved silently through the undergrowth of the Dark Forest, following the invisible pull. Sadly, it stunk badly in the Dark Forest. Soon, not too far from the border, I reached the spot the invisible pull had wanted me at. It seemed that two cats were talking in hushed voices. Crouching deeper into the bush, I listened.

" ... Destroy the Clans... Recruit from the living..." I believe this voice belonged to Brokenstar.

" ... They won't know they're even betraying their own Clans!" Bellowed Tigerstar. I gritted my teeth in distaste, I hated that cat.

As I listened, the horror inside me began to grow. I had to go back and tell the rest of StarClan. Creeping out of the bush backwards, I accidentally stepped on a twig, snapping it in half. The conversation between the two most vile cats I've ever known had stopped.

" ... I'll go see what that was, Brokenstar." Tigerstar growled.

Cursing, I turned and was about to begin running back to the border, when he stepped out of the bush.

Not wasting another moment, I began to run. I hadn't even gone two fox-lengths when he slashed my side with his claws.

With a gasp, I ran even faster. Finally, I saw the border. Hobbling now, I made it over the border and collapsed in exhaustion. I blinked rapidly, trying to stay awake. But darkness consumed me.

Luckily, it wasn't dark for long, images started flashing before my eyes. No, not images. Memories.

They were all flashing before me, in reverse chronological order. The funny thing? I couldn't remember what memory it was after it flashed.

Saying goodbye.

The dog scratching me.

Brindleface's death.

Fireheart becoming deputy.

Returning to ThunderClan.

Losing an eye.

Tigerclaw's banishment and leaving ThunderClan.

Yellowfang's final goodbye to me.

Cinderpelt becoming the medicine cat apprentice.