~ Star, Moon, Sky and Storm ~

Rainsong's POV

I wasn't going to lie, I tried to hunt down that foul cat once ThunderClan had left Fourtrees. However, Bluestar must have put some cats on my tail guessing that I would've done exactly that. Because as I was sneaking away, Lionheart and Whitestorm flanked me. I could tell both were exchanging worried glances as well as staring at me worriedly, but I ignored them. Growling and muttering curses to Brokenstar, I let them lead me back to camp against my will.

The moment we had returned, everyone launched into protests about keeping Yellowfang in Thunderclan. When Bluestar yowled for silence from Highrock, we all gathered before her, me in my usual spot at the back. Instead of beside Bluestar, Lionheart sat behind me. Probably on Bluestar's orders making sure I didn't sneak away.

Frostfur was being over paranoid about Yellowfang, Darkstripe was suggesting to kill her. Of course, Bluestar asked what Yellowfang had done wrong.

"You were at the Gathering! Brokenstar said she—" Darkstripe began.

I snorted and started to laugh. It may have been louder and more maniacal than intended, because I got some worried looks. Lionheart looked like he was debating whether to send me off to the Dark Forest or leave me be.

"Something you'd like to say Rainsong?" Bluestar questioned me in a calm voice.

Clearing my throat, I sat up. "Yes, thank you Bluestar." I spoke loudly knowing my normal voice wouldn't carry far. "I'd just like to point out that Brokenstar is a cat filled with lies. Plus Yellowfang wasn't even mentioned by name, we're all just assuming that Brokenstar was talking about her. When in reality, he could be talking of another cat. The kits are also safe, if Yellowfang were to harm the kits, she'd have done it as soon as possible rather than wait till later. You can also clearly see she was sleeping till we arrived."

"Thank you Rainsong." Bluestar meowed while nodding her head. "For as long as Yellowfang is in my Clan, she will not be harmed in any way."

No other cat spoke. Yellowfang did however say that she would leave right now if Bluestar wished it.

"There is no need," Bluestar replied. "You have done nothing wrong. You will be safe here." The ThunderClan leader lifted her gaze to the crowd of cats that surrounded Yellowfang and meowed, "It is time we discussed the real threat to our Clan: Brokenstar. We have already begun to prepare for an attack by ShadowClan," Bluestar began. "We'll carry on with those preparations, and patrol our borders more frequently. WindClan has gone. RiverClan has given hunting rights to ShadowClan warriors. ThunderClan stands alone against Brokenstar."

"Then we're not going to agree to Brokenstar's demands?" meowed Tigerclaw.

"Clans have never shared hunting rights before," Bluestar answered. "They have always managed to support themselves in their own territories. There is no reason why this should change." Tigerclaw nodded approvingly.

"But can we defend ourselves against a ShadowClan attack?" asked Smallear's tremulous voice. "WindClan didn't manage it! RiverClan won't even try!"

Bluestar met his old eyes with her steady gaze. "We must try. We will not give up our territory without a fight."

"If they try, they'll lose their precious leader." I hissed bitterly under my breath, I had said I would get him back. I didn't ever go back on my word.

Lionheart looked a wee bit nervous, casting me with anxious and worried glances. Even Whitestorm was, I didn't meet either of their eyes.

"I shall travel to the Moonstone tomorrow," Bluestar announced. "The warriors of StarClan will give me the strength I need to lead ThunderClan through this dark time. You must all get some rest. We have a lot to do when daylight comes. I wish to talk with Lionheart now." Without another word, she turned and strode toward her den.