~ Sweet, Sweet Revenge ~

Rainsong's POV

I had finally gotten better! Well I was able to walk perfectly fine again about 2 moonrises after vigil for Lionheart. But my head had finally stopped aching yesterday and I was finally fit for patrols again. I had been assigned for the Sunhigh hunting patrol therefore I had some time. So I decided to push away my jealousy and heartbreak and visit Brindleface.

I took in a big breath and let it out in a sigh. When I had gotten to the nursery entrance, Firepaw was squeezing out. I was about to just walk in when a voice interrupted me.

"Rainsong?" Whitestorm mewed VERY confused.

I puffed out a scoff like sigh. I wasn't going to be able to ignore or avoid him at the moment.

"She IS my kin. Plus how'd you know if I was gonna visit Brindleface? Frostfur's still nursing kits too!" I snapped angrily attempting to push away the tears that were threatening to form.

I pointed my nose in the air with dignity and walked into the nursery. Frostfur was currently not in the nursery. Oh that explained it. Taking a deep breath I padded over to Brindleface. Oh thank Starclan they looked nothing like their father. 2 of them looked nearly exactly like Brindleface while the third was a dark gray. Brindleface looked at me with a confused expression.

"Cats would question if I didn't visit my closest kin..." I squeaked in a small voice, it was a poor explanation and excuse for visiting. I ended up bursting into tears. Right in front of Brindleface while she was nursing kits. I am officially a mouse-heart. Putting stress on a queen, I shouldn't be here. Luckily, when I cry, I cry quietly. I don't make a noise.

But Brindleface knew better. She reassured me with soothing words as she rubbed her tail up and down my spine. It was only a short moment, but it felt like I had cried forever. I eventually pulled myself together and told Brindleface HER kits were beautiful. I didn't say anything else. Unable to hold in the pain I just strode out in half panic. When I got out, white fur exploded in my eyesight. I gave a little shriek and blinked. It was only Frostfur. She gave me an apologetic look and went back into the Nursery.

I was walking towards Bluestar's den where Longtail sat - so I could talk to Longtail - when I heard a shriek of absolute fury and dismay. I swung right around to find a shrieking Frostfur and a startled Whitestorm at the entrance of the nursery.

"My kits! Someone has taken my kits!" Frostfur shrieked, her tail bristling and eyes furious yet anxious and clearly worried.

Tigerclaw bounded over to her. He then called to the Clan, "Quick, search the camp! Whitestorm, stay where you are. Warriors, patrol the camp boundary. Apprentices, search every den!"

I went straight over to Frostfur ignoring Tigerclaw's order.

"You've got to calm down or you're going to do something you'll regret." I whispered to her in a rushed tone. "Keep your head and we'll figure it out."

Despite my warnings, Frostfur bounded behind the nursery to search. Nearly every cat followed her. I looked around before following, I saw Yellowfang leaving. Then my nose was hit with 2 other scents. I pushed my way through the cats to the front of the crowd, Firepaw was already there staring in disbelief. One of the scents, Spottedleaf. But it was the scent of the dead, cold, lifeless, rotting, gone. I then smelled another scent, the one of a well known ShadowClan warrior. Clawface. I was about to mention this when the other cats started wailing about that Yellowfang was gone and that she must be the traitor.

I shut my muzzle as Bluestar gave her orders. This wasn't for me to solve. This was a part of a hero's journey, not mine. I turned to see Firepaw's eyes on me, his expression was filled with grief. But also hope that there would be proof that Yellowfang hadn't stolen the kits nor killed Spottedleaf. Oh how I yearned to comfort the ginger apprentice. This was a lot of pain to him. He loved Spottedleaf, I could see it in his eyes everytime he looked at her. But this would make him stronger. Stronger so that he COULD in the future be able to protect his loved ones. I wasn't to interfere with fate.