Chapter 3

Time: To prepare
Place: The red room

New york---> Moscow a 9hour flight.
Miles away. But that didn't mean he wasn't a threat. The distance meant nothing. He was watching them and when he felt the time was right,he was going to pounce or at-least send a widow to do so.

Dreykov walked into the room where an older generation of widows were training- his eyes landed on the youngest of the group, 23 year old Yelena Belova- the girl would have squirmed under his cold stare if it weren't for the red vials that were controlling her.

"I need to borrow Yelena" Dreykov spoke to the instructor.

"Of course Sir, Yelena you are dismissed" she announced.

Yelena nodded before following Dreykov out the room and into the chilly corridors. Yelenas anxiety grew as she scanned the hallway for exits not that it mattered because her mind wouldn't let her try to escape anyways.

Eventually they arrived at Dreykovs office.

Yelena stood infront of the desk,her posture formal but easy going, no straining to look perfect but her chin was raised. The blondes hair was braided with a few stray stands that framed her face. Her green eyes were dull,emotionless as she locked gazes with Sir Dreykov.

"I have a mission for you. You are no where near ready as of now but that's okay, we have a month or til this mission is due to take place" Dreykovs deep and gruff voice sent shivers down Yelenas spine. She felt Vulnerable,a feeling she didn't appreciate.

"What's the mission?" Yelena spoke up.

"You're going to put an end to earths mightiest hero's, by taking away the thing they cherish most" the man smiled sickly.

Dreykov had it all planned out. The two girls who the avengers had just taken in, had been on Dreykov radar for a few years now. He had tried to nab them of Hydra a few times,presenting various different offers and exchanges all of which Hydra declined. It made him mad but he didn't blame them. If he had them girls no offer would be big enough to take them off his hands.

But his motives had changed in the last 24 hours. He still wanted Wanda and Aj of course, he could achieve anything with them on his team. But he also wanted to destroy the avengers and what better way for him to do that then to "kill" the two girls they had all become attached too, Dreykov knew that if he gave it til at-least Christmas, the avengers would have formed special bonds with the two young girls and would be distraught if something were to happen to them.

It was sick and twisted. But that was Dreykov all over, not only that but he knew the avengers were to strong to destroy physically but if he aimed to hurt them mentally they would eventually loose themselves and work against each other rather then with. This meant Dreykov could achieve his plan without Natasha and her avenger friends getting in the way like last time.

"This is a job for you Yelena. You're training begins tomorrow" he paused, defiantly for a somewhat dramatic effect which Yelena cringed at,"let's just say there's a potential family reunion" he chuckled.

Yelena wasn't sure what he meant by the last part. She didn't have family, she didn't think so,at-least not that she remembered anyways. Yelena wasn't herself she hadn't been for months curtsey of the new vial that acted as some sort of mind control. Her mind was foggy so much was missing.

She thought hard about her family but nothing showed. However there was a part of her deep down telling her to remember,begging her to remember but it just didn't work.

Dreykov still had a lot of planning to do but as of right now his focus was keeping an eye on Wanda and Aj of course but training Yelena. She was one of his best assassins,she had been since the age of 12- that was when her ruthlessness really started to show- but that's not what he wanted for this mission he needed her to be sneaky, find a way to make it seem like the girls are dead before bringing them back to him.

He didn't intend for the avengers to see her but incase they did he sent Yelena, it was one way to catch Natasha off guard.
Dreykov had done enough studying over the years to know that Natasha was that teams rock, the glue that holds them together; she was the level headed one, she kept the guys out of trouble, she was the only one that could turn Hulk back into a man, she was the only one any of the avengers confided in or cried to. If Natasha crumbled so did everyone. It was like a domino effect.

And without the Avengers to get in the way and with his new enhanced widows, Dreykov knew he could take over the world and become dictator just like he had planned to do all them years ago before Natasha and Clint had tried to kill him.

He knew it was going to be a waiting game. But he was going to be prepared and when the opportunity comes and he can get his hands on the girls he was going to take it and be successful, he was going to make sure of it.

"You're training begins tomorrow" the man dismissed Yelena who took this as her cue to head back to her room or cell -whatever you wanted to call it, it was a small room in the corner of the third floor, a singular mattress with a blanket and pillow- she moved to this room at the start of the year when she had been promoted to the older widow group,it was an upgrade from what she had been staying in for the majority of her time there.

The blonde flopped on her mattress in frustration. She was so tired, tired of training,tired of being ordered around, tired of not being able to think for herself and tired of doing his dirty work. When was she ever going to catch a break?

Yelena cringed as she thought about the grueling training sessions that awaited her the next few months as she prepares for this mission.

What was he going to have her do?

------