Chapter 51

Tommy burst through the door of the lab, his heart dropping as he found it empty. All the scientists seemed to have retreated, and there was no sign of AJ anywhere. He stormed into the room, starting a search that seemed desperate, searching through every drawer, cabinet, and case for the glowing, yellow vials Jonah had showed him the other day, they were the new chemicals to put the widows under the mind control.

Bucky and Wanda arrived shortly after watching as the boy feverishly scoured the lab, growing more desperate and frantic with each passing second.

"Tommy" Wanda tried to snap the boy out of his frantic state.

"One second" He replied quickly as he continued to search. He opened continuous drawers each one being empty until he got to the last one, there was a case in it. A case the boy had seen before, the case he knew Jonah had kept the 4 vials.

Tommy let out a sharp breath as he forced the case open, squinting as he was bathed in the light of the glowing vials. He began to count the vessels, watching carefully as he did so. 1... 2... 3... That was it, the holder for the 4th vial was empty, and his heart sank as he stared at the vacant space.

"Fuck" the boy growled as he slammed the case shut. "There's only three Wanda the fourth one it's gone. He's used it..He used it on Ava Jay"

Tommy had told Wanda about Jonah's plans to put the widows under the new mind controlling chemicals but she was told they weren't ready yet.

"He can't have Tommy, they're not ready"

"He doesn't care if they're ready or not. He probably panicked the second he heard the sirens and wanted to get the job done"

"What job? What's happened?" Bucky demanded to know.

"The new chemical mind control, Jonah's used it on AJ" Wanda shuddered as she spoke.

"Melina, Natasha's mom. She has a new antidote, we can free AJ" Bucky told them as he tapped the comm in his ear, "Yelena you need to get the antidotes, AJs under the mind control"

"I don't know where they are" Yelena replied through comms.

"They're in Dreykovs office" Melina told them, finally deciding to reply on comms after being MIA for the past 20 minutes.

"I'll go but someone needs to find AJ"
Yelena told them.

"Leave that with me" Steve's voice crackled through the comms.

"Who the fuck is that?" Yelena asked concerned that the ear device had been hijacked.

"It's Steve" Bucky told her,
"Steve Wanda's with me,I need to get these kids out of here" Natasha had asked Bucky to make sure Steve stayed safe and didn't make any hasty decisions but they were running out of options and he needed Steve's help now.

"South side of the building,Clints there with the Jet. Thor and I are entering here we're gonna head off to find AJ" Steve told him.

"Alright, I'll see you soon" Bucky replied before deactivating his comm and looking back at the two teens. "Grab the case and let's go"

"What about AJ?" Wanda asked.

"Your dad will find her"

——————

"You're girlfriend told you to wait for her signal before entering" Clint reminded Steve as he watched the super soldier tuck his shield into the back of his suit.

"Plans have changed Clint, Bucky can't find AJ and he needs to get Wanda to safety" Steve told him.

"Alright so what's the plan?" Tony asked as he put the jet in auto pilot.

"Clint, Sam stay on the jet I'll call for back up if I need. Tony follow my heat signals via the outside of the building once Thor and I have AJ find us the nearest exit. Bruce start setting up your table I don't know what conditions the girls will be in but as soon as Wanda's here give her a check up" Steve ordered as he opened the doors to the jet.

"Let's go get my niece" Thor yelled before diving out the jet.

"He's such a bizarre man" Sam shook his head as he watched Thor free fall through the sky and towards the building.

"You ready Captain?" Tony asked as he suited up.

"Yeah let's go"

———-

"So guys slight change of plan I completely abolished one of the engines and we're going into a controlled crash" Melina told the group through comms.

"Fantastic" Yelena huffed as she ran down the corridors with Vic and Lyza, "we're heading to Dreykovs office now" she told them.

"Bucky who are all these people? And what does she mean we're going into a controlled crash?" Steve said confused.

"These people are your mother and sister in law well technically and I don't know what she means!" Bucky yelled into his comm.

"I mean we're going down, we have about 8 minutes before this place hits the ground" Melina told them.

"Nat has a sister? And a Mom? What?
Where's Natasha?" Steve was growing more confused then ever.

"Hiii Steve this is Yelena Natasha's sister, great to meet you. Natasha doesn't have a comm but I'm on my way to her now" Yelena told him.

"Does anyone have any idea where AJ will be?" Steve asked, deciding to ask questions about the family situation later and focusing on the task at hand.

"Top floor, the helicopter pad that's where Jonah and the other scientists will be heading to escape" Yelena told him.

————

Bucky and Tommy worked together, quickly booting the exit door on the south side of the building, and it only took seconds before they managed to break it down. As soon as the door was open,Wanda, Tommy and Bucky burst out with astonishing speed and began sprinting down the long plane runway, dodging the small objects and debris falling from the building as it began to slowly fall apart.

Wanda stumbled and fell to the floor as one of the pillars from the building fell beside her, the weight of it crashing down on her foot. She let out a loud hiss of pain. Tommy immediately rushed to her side, he used his super-strength to easily flip it off before helping her stand up.

"Jesus Christ kid you're strong" Bucky gasped as he ran over, he was a few steps behind them as he wanted to make sure the kids got to safety first.

"Super strength" Tommy shrugged before looking at Wanda's foot which now looked extremely deformed, "That doesn't look good"

"I can heal it" Wanda told him as red orbs appeared in her hand.

"Not here, on the jet" Bucky stated as he picked the girl up and started running again, "Tommy let's go"

"I'm coming" Tommy yelled back, taking in a deep breath of air before running again.
After today he was never ever running, he had done a lifetime of running in the last 20 minutes.

———-

A/N:Life is chaotic for them right now
Thank you for reading🫡