Chapter 28

Time:To cry
Place: the home he never got to have

Within a flash the end of May had turned into October...Indeed, with the passage of time, the family had grown and changed, as the six months that the girls had spent with the Avengers had brought about quite the change for everyone, from the Avengers having to adjust to life with the kids, to Nat and Steve figuring out the ropes of parenthood, as well as Wanda and AJ finding their footing. But right now everything was seemingly working out, the family were all thriving with their new life.

Yet today of all days Wanda felt as though all that change had been for nothing. Today she was the same miserable teen she had been the day she arrived here. Wanda's alarm had blared through her room, jolting her awake the instant that it did, and she had left it to continue for a moment, before groaning and pressing the button to shut it off and forcing herself out of bed. she had barely slept the previous night due to her constant worries and fears regarding this day.

Today was the second day of October,
the day she hadn't want to come,
the day she wished she could avoid,
her birthday.

It had never been just her birthday before, it had always been Their birthday. Of course the twins had never celebrated a birthday at least not one Wanda could remember, she only had memories of their birthdays at Hydra. Of course Hydra wasn't one to acknowledge birthdays or celebrate and throw parties but the twins never minded, that had never been what that day was about to them. Despite that dreadful place and the things they had to endure there, their birthdays were a symbol of how strong they were. They had survived another year and they had each other that was enough for them.

But now today was just a constant reminder that he was gone and he wasn't ever coming back.

Wanda frowned as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, her skin had become paler, and her eyes looked puffy and swollen, clearly a result of all the tears that had been shed the previous night. Wanda was truly tired of this day, and couldn't wait for it to end. It was a Friday which meant all she had to do was get through school and then she could come back home and curl up in her bed. Her parents had offered her the day off but she thought school would be the best option, something to distract and take her mind off today.

———

"Stop eating so fast"
Nat scolded as Aj
scoffed her pancakes.

Aj hummed a sorry, she couldn't verbally say it as she had way too much food in her mouth but in the girls defense pancakes weren't an everyday occurrence in this household she was enjoying them plus she had to eat them quickly before her Uncle Clint woke up and stole them. He was a pancake thief, he'd eat his own and then try and eat everyone else's.

Wanda dragged herself into the kitchen,
It was a school day which meant only a few of the Avengers were awake which she was thankful for. Nat and Aj were sat up the table eating breakfast while Steve and Bucky, not long back from their morning run,were trying to figure out how to work the coffee machine usually Wanda would stop and help them but she didn't have the energy today. She grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with orange juice.

"Happy birthday Detka"
Nat whispered as she pulled
Wanda In for a hug. She understood
today would be a hard day for the girl.

"Thank you"
The girl mumbled.

"I made pancakes for breakfast
I'd grab some before your uncle
Clint wakes up"