Chapter 63

Time: For school😎
Place: ^

Aj remained glued to Natasha's side as they approached the front of the school, a mix of emotions beginning to swirl within the 9 year old. Yesterday she had been thrilled about going to school and although she was still excited, she had to admit the nerves were setting in now. Aj hadn't been at school for almost 4 months, 3 of those months had been spent in the red room. Natasha could sense that Aj was beginning to experience some degree of hesitation which was understandable.

"You don't have to go Avs" Natasha reminded her daughter as they stopped just outside the school gate.

"I want to" Aj told her mom.

"Okay, Bucks gonna pick you up just before lunch time from the school office" Natasha told Aj, handing over her school bag. They had decided that for the first few weeks Aj was just going to be doing half days until she was settled in properly. Natasha had obviously made the school aware of the situation and they had been very understanding.

Aj nodded as she looked around, watching all the other kids walking into school.

"You get the school to call me if you need anything" Natasha had said this to Aj for the third time this morning.

Aj playfully rolled her eyes, "I know, you've said. I'm gonna be okay don't worry"

Nat chuckled as she pulled her daughter in for a hug, "I'm allowed to worry about you Detka, that's what mothers do. I love you have a good day"

"I will" Aj reassured Nat as she pulled away from the hug before turning away and heading towards the school until she heard someone shout her name.

"Oh my god AJ!"

The voice prompted the girl to turn back around quickly, a large smile beginning to form on her face, she knew exactly who it was.

"LIAM!" The girl squealed excitedly when she saw the boy.

The two children immediately ran towards each other, crashing into each others arms with an impressive amount of force that caused the two of them to tumble to the ground. Both Natasha and Liam's mom gasped in panic watching the sudden collision however their panic quickly subsided when they heard the two kids laughing.

"I missed you so much" Liam told her as he pulled her into another hug, the two of them still sat on the ground.

"You don't know how much more I missed you" Aj smiled as she pulled out of the hug, jumping up of the ground before offering Liam a hand up. As the pair stood up Aj noticed the few tears streaming down Liam's face, "you're crying. Did you get hurt when we fell?" She questioned with worry.
Liam shook his head.

"No..no they're just happy tears. I'm really happy you're back" Liam told her truthfully.

At his words, Aj too started crying.
"Ughh two minutes and you've already made me cry" she laughed as she wiped away her tears.

Both their mothers were also growing emotional at the duos reunion. It was adorable.

"You two best get going or you'll be late" Liam's mom told them.

"Oh yeah! Come on AJ" Liam took the girls hand and the two of them started running towards the school.

Aj turned around to glance at her mom mouthing a "love you mom" before carrying on towards the school.

"You got time to kill? I was just about to grab a coffee" Liam's mom offered to Natasha as they watched their kids safely enter the school.

"Coffee sounds great" Natasha nodded with a smile.

AJ and Liam had ran all the way to their classroom door but once they got outside of the class AJ froze. Noticing she was no longer by his side Liam turned back to Aj.

"What's the matter?" He asked as he walked back over.

"If I tell you promise not to laugh" Aj raised her eyebrows at the boy waiting for him to agree. Liam nodded. "I'm scared Liam. I haven't been here in ages what if-"

"Aj I promise you don't have to be scared.
There's nothing to worry about, everyone's missed you like crazy, plus I'll be right there with you. We can do this together" Liam reassured her.

"Together?" Aj asked.

"You and me against the world buddy" Liam laughed as he gently pushed her towards the classroom.

As they entered the room, Aj took note of all her classmates stuffing their things into their assigned cubbyholes and engaging in lively conversations about the things they had got up to at the weekend. Liam remained by Aj's side, he knew his friend was nervous and wanted to make sure she didn't feel like she was having to face this alone. They walked over to their cubbies which were of course next to each-other, at the start of the school year they were on opposite sides but Liam had given Riley B a packet of skittles to trade with him so his cubby was next to AJ's.

"Aj you're back?!" Leah gasped when she saw the girl.

Aj nodded with a small smile.

"Oh thank god, tweedle dum over here was loosing his mind without his tweedle Dee" Harrison piped up as he walked over to the group. Liam playfully nudged the boy.

"Why am I tweedle dum?" Liam huffed.

"Because she's smarter than you" Leah stated bluntly.

Aj giggled, she was glad to be back with her friends. It didn't take long for all her classmates to come over and see her, all of them telling her how glad they were she was back and asking if she had enjoyed her holiday.

'Her holiday' had been the story Natasha and the principal had made up. They didn't feel it was necessary for the students to know the real reason why Aj had been off for so long. So they told the girl that if anyone asked she had been away in Europe which wasn't an entire lie, she technically had been in Europe.

"Alright Class let's take our seats, you can catch up with Aj at recess" Miss B told the class as she walked over, the students obliged and began to head over to their assigned seats, all but Liam who remained beside Aj as she grabbed her stuff from her bag. "Welcome back Aj, as you can tell we've all missed you" her teacher told her.

"I'm glad to be back" Aj smiled as she grabbed her pencil case out of her bag.

"I'm guessing you two want to sit next to each other today?" Miss B asked as she looked between Aj and Liam.

"Can we?" The boy asked excitedly.

"I suppose just for today and as long as you two don't talk too much" the teacher smiled as Liam and Aj nodded their heads eagerly.

——————
A/N: I couldn't wait any longer to post this chapter:)
The Liam and Aj reunion🥲

Thank you for reading 🫡