Chapter 15

Time: To admit feelings
Place: Natasha's Bedroom at
The Barton Farm

With the encouragement of Lila, Wanda and Bucky, Nat managed to strip back her layers of resistance, she was pouring it all out to Steve disclosing her genuine feelings she had for him,something that she had never done before with anyone. Opening up and wearing her heart on her sleeve wasn't Nat at all but the trio had been right- if Nat didn't do it now, she never would- she'd regret it if she didn't tell Steve how she felt.

Natasha and Steve had positioned themselves at the edge of the bed, maintaining a distance between one another, and Steve was confused. About 10 minutes ago, Nat had bursted in saying the pair needed to speak however up until 2 minutes ago the duo had been sat in silence. Steve had to wait a long 8 minutes til Nat blurted it out.

"I think I have
feelings for you Steve"

Steve's eyes widened as he heard the words that had been disclosed to him by Natasha
he begun to doubt wether he had heard her properly? Of course he hadn't, had he? his nervousness began to take hold of him, and he found his hands becoming sweaty.

There was another couple of minutes of awkward silence between the pair.

"Y..you think you have feelings?
Like feelings as in more then friend's?"

Steve stuttered awkwardly and a little embarrassed,what if she hadn't meant as more then friends and he just made a complete fool off himself? Was he reading too much into the lines? Was his delusion betraying him?

Natasha's sighed, she didn't want to repeat herself, she was already uncomfortable with sharing her feelings, she didn't want to do it anymore. But this was her chance to be happy. She had to go outside her comfort zone a little.

"Yes Steve as more
then friends. I think I have
had these feelings for a while
but I suppressed them due to my
own fears. Opening up and expressing my emotions freely has proven to be quite challenging for me, but I have been
Improving with that since the girls showed
up. And I know that if I don't have this conversation with you now while I have this little ounce of courage, I never will. It's because of you that I'm a better person, it's because of you I've been able to take care of the girls, it's because of you I feel safe,its because of you I worry less, it's because of you I always feel heard and listened too,it's because of you that I sleep better at night, it's all because of you. If you weren't in my life I wouldn't function properly. I don't know why it took a lecture from two teenagers and your bestfriend for me to realize this but I see it all now.
You are my person Steve. No one has ever made me feel the way you do"

Steve was frozen in place, utterly stunned at the words that he was hearing her say. He would be lying if he said he hadn't planned for this conversation many times, having devised scenarios in his thoughts of how he wanted it to go- he definitely had.
But this, this was far better then he could of ever imagined.

He wanted to blurt out that he had waited years for this moment and that he was literally in love with her but he refrained remembering what Bucky had said about not coming on to strong. Dropping the L word was definitely too strong.

"I feel the same, you know I do.
I don't exactly hide it well"

The man spoke honesty.
Everyone could tell he had feelings for her
he didn't disguise them well at least not to everyone else but to her he masked it well.