Chapter 6

Time: for a reunion
Place: compound

AJ's POV:
I think Wanda's feeling better because she's been with us all day today, she even played soccer with Steve and I for a while but now she's sitting under the tree with a pen and paper. Drawing maybe? She does like to do that sometimes.

The compound is huge but the back yard is even bigger. It's so cool, I'm gonna try and convince Tony to get a bouncy house there's enough room for one, there's enough room for like 15 out here.

"You get this one in and I'll give you an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert"

Steve tells me as he passes the soccer ball back to me, "deal" I tell him as I get ready to take the shot.

I've decided that this has been my favorite thing to do since getting here, playing soccer with Steve, it's a lot of fun plus I'm pretty good. Steve isn't very good at least not in goal.

"Come on dude, did you even try to save it?" I tease as he picks the ball up from the back of the net.

He rolls his eyes jokingly,
"Haha you are just so funny"

After my talk with Natasha earlier I feel better, I don't feel guilty for trying to start a new life anymore because I think that's what Pietro would of wanted. Natasha said that we were family now, I don't know wether she actually meant it or if she was just saying it but I don't hate the idea- I've always wanted a real family.

"You guys Dinner will be ready in 5, come on in and wash up" Nat yells for us from the back door.

Steve's POV:

"Hey you need any help?"
I offer Natasha,

Drying my now clean hands on a tea towel.
She flashed me a grateful smile, expressing her appreciation for the offer, but she promptly shook her head

"Bucky's just arrived, he's on his way up. It would be rude if you didn't greet him"

Natasha continues to prepare dinner while she speaks to me. I gently move past her as she starts dishing out food, I hover my hands on her hips as I do so, making sure I don't knock her off balance as I pass her.

"I shall be back in a minute.
You girls don't have to wait for us to eat"

———

"Hey Punk"

Bucky greets me as he exits the elevator, and I notice that his appearance has significantly improved from when I had previously seen him. It seems that his period of time spent in Wakanda has done him some good, as his heavy eye bags are now seemingly a thing of the past, indicating that he has been sleeping far better than he had been before. Perhaps he has managed to finally overcome the nightmares that had long plagued him as a result of his past under Hydra.
He's also put on pounds (in a good way), after hydra the first few months he was staying with me and he didn't really eat, he was almost starting to look like pre serum Steve which just wasn't healthy or a good look-but he looks good now.

"The hair?"

I question as I take in his now lack of resemblance to Jesus as Sam would say.