Chapter 35

Time:To learn the "Truth"
Place: The Red room

Wanda's eyes opened back up, and she was expecting to be laying upon her mattress in her cell with Tj as per usual. However, this was not the case, as she had awoken within an office of some sort, the room which she had never been in before. She groaned as she sat up on the couch she had been laying on.

"About time we met"
A man spoke as he walked
over and sat on the armchair
opposite.

Wanda observed the man in front of her.
He possessed quite an older appearance, complete with a grayed head of hair which was slicked back, a rather rotund face which
was framed by his glasses. He spoke in a heavy Russian accent. Wanda realized that this was the man that she had heard a bit about before, Dreykov, the leader of the notorious Red Room.

"I would of died happy not meeting you"
She spat back with hatred.

"One day you'll thank me for saving you from that awful place" he told her.

Wanda scoffed, she couldn't believe the nerve of this man. He had taken her from her family and expected a thank you from her. He can take that thank you and shove it up his ass for all she cared.

"Thank you so very much for taking me away from my family" she said sarcastically.

"I wouldn't take you away, it wasn't a kidnapping Wanda. I struck a deal with
Natasha"

"What?"

"You didn't know? Of course you didn't
Natasha was never one to be honest. Always
full of secrets. Truth is Wanda she didn't want you or your sister. She wanted you gone,She wasn't cut out to be your Mother Wanda, she didn't know what was best for you. I do.Here is where you belong"

"Liar. My mom would never, she loves us"

"Love is for children Wanda,
Natasha knows that better
then most. She never loved you
guys, Captain America I'm sure he
did but Natasha not a chance. She
wouldn't of given you guys up so willingly
if she did"

Wanda tried to get into his head to see if he was lying but she couldn't.

"You can't use your powers against me, you can't harm me either. That injection you get every night before dinner, It's a lock implanted in all my widows to ensure none of them can turn against me like your 'mother' did" he informed her as he picked up a tv remote, "I am many things but a liar isn't one. Here look for yourself"

Wanda felt her heart starting to race as her mothers face appeared on the television screen, having a discussion with Dreykov in the very same room where she herself was currently present (Wanda knew it was somewhat recent as Nat was wearing the bracelet AJ had made her for her birthday).
The two of them were having a discussion about Natasha's children, with Natasha being quite open about the fact that she was having difficulties at the role of motherhood, and that she was struggling with it, which caused Dreykov to offer her a proposition, in that by giving up her children, she would indeed be freed of him and his Red Room forever. As the video clip ended,Wanda felt her blood run cold and she tried to fight off the tears that were building up. She couldn't believe Nat would do this to them. If she didn't want to be their mother then why sign the papers to begin with? It only asked for one signature Steve could have just signed it himself. She didn't have to be their mom. She didn't have to do this but she did.