Chapter 9

ONE MONTH LATER....

Dreykov closely monitored the first month of the girls stay at the compound, they were fitting in nicely just as he had suspected, which was ultimately going to help his plan succeed.

"Remember Yelena lay low, don't intervene. Just watch them"

his gruff voice spoke through the comm in the blondes ear sending a slight shiver down her back.
Yelena nodded knowing he could see her, Dreykov had surveillance everywhere. She had officially begun her mission, she had been sent to America, to spy on two girls- though the blonde was pretty much kept in the dark about why.

Yelena hoisted herself on to a branch of a near by tree to get a better view of the Avengers compound without trespassing or being spotted. The tree had a perfect view of the compounds 'back yard', If that's what you could even call the fielded area, Yelena estimated it to be about 3 and half acres maybe even more it was around the size of 2 professional football pitches.

——-

"Remember in order for it too work, you have to clear your mind. Don't think about anything else just focus on moving the blocks"

Steve reminded Wanda as he stacked the wooden blocks, he had stolen from the large jenga box, into a tower.

A month had passed since the girls had joined the avengers, progress was being made and the girls continued to heal,they were slowly but surly moving past the damage hydra had done, they were trusting more and bonding not just with Nat and Steve but the other avengers too.

Summer break had officially began last week and because of the intense demands of the battle in sokovia, Nick fury was giving the avengers some time off at least as much as he could. This time off was playing a massive factor in the amazing progress the two girls were making.

This week Steve, Natasha, Tony and Buck had officially begun helping Wanda and Aj understand and control their powers.

Steve and Wanda had been working on this exercise for around an hour now but Wanda just couldn't seem to get it. The aim was to get all 10 blocks to float and then stack them with her telekinesis powers.

"Ughh it's no use, this is pathetic,my powers are stupid. I'm stupid"

The teenager growled as she lost control of the blocks for what felt like the hundredth time. She watched helplessly as they plummeted back to the ground.

"Don't say that.
It's okay, you'll get there.
For now let's try 5 we can build our way up to 10"

Steve reassured as he kicked 5 blocks away.

Wanda felt useless, she didn't understand why she wasn't getting this. At hydra she learnt to do whatever they asked of her with her powers -whether it was making someone unconscious or making them see things-but here she couldn't even stack a couple of wooden blocks and it was really starting to frustrate her.

The brunette tried once more but to her dismay no progress was made.

"I don't get it! I could do whatever they wanted me to do with my powers at hydra but now I can't even complete the task of stacking five blocks. It's ridiculous" Wanda flapped her arms about as she spoke indicating her frustration.

"Have you ever thought that things with your Powers at hydra came easy because you didn't have to control them. Your powers were used recklessly there with no control behind them. You know how to navigate your powers, you've seen there capabilities now it's about being in control and that starts up here" Steve tapped the temple of his head.