Chapter 10

Time: just after noon
Place: the park again

"I'm 14, not 10"

Wanda lamented with a scoff, as she and the others made their way to the entrance of the park, where they had spent the previous day.

"Suck it up kid. I don't want to be here either but we're here for the little one"

Tony explained to Wanda-if they didn't burn off the energy of said little one, he feared there'd be potential trouble in store for the group, as it would make it difficult for the 9-year old to get to sleep tonight and Tony,Buck nor Thor wanted that given that they were babysitting tonight.

The park was visibly occupied with a few families and groups of friends, along with some other children sprinkled in the midst. It was a busy but quaint atmosphere, with a bustling aura present. Aj was seemingly determined and eager to proceed, having a new found love for the monkey bars however Bucky stopped the girl before she could bolt towards the play frame.

"No powers remember"

he reminded her of their earlier agreement, she was not to use her powers in public.

The Avengers tried to lay low in public.. seeing them at a park was inevitably going to get the attention of some people. But the last thing the group needed was to cause uproar within the community, seeing them with two enhanced kids was bound to do the trick. It would lead to a widespread of madness among the people and the media and more importantly it would stick a target on the girls back. Which they definitely didn't want.

"I won't, I won't,"

the girl eagerly replied to Bucky, seemingly confident in her ability to refrain from using her abilities. Over the two months It had been made evident that she had an apparent tendency to misbehave or otherwise ignore authority, particularly when Natasha was absent. Even if she were to keep her promise, it was quite likely that she might end up breaking it anyway in the heat of the moment, with little care about the potential consequences.

"I mean it"

Bucky replied to her, a warning in his tone as he reminded her of the potential consequences should she fail to behave herself. Natasha was on speed dial, and she would certainly respond if necessary. Aj, however, didn't view these warnings as credible, or enough to deter her from acting out,not that she was going to of course,she wouldn't use her powers that could be dangerous. Nevertheless, she still found humor in Bucky's fearful state, as he would be constantly on edge while he watched the young child play and that was something Aj deemed entertaining. She got pleasure out of winding people up especially her "Uncles".

Aj excitedly squealed as she firmly grasped the giant hand of Thor, ready to embark on their new adventure to the climbing frame. Thor, who seemed to match the carefree nature of children, was equally full of enthusiasm as he followed along with the young child. It was evident that Aj had developed quite a fondness for Thor, who had swiftly risen to a high standing on her newly created list of favorite uncles. The God of Thunder had clearly made quite an impact on her, and she seemed very appreciative of his presence.

"Remind me which ones the child again?"

Tony rolled his eyes as he sat down on a nearby bench away from the other family's in hopes not to be recognized.
—-

Time moved slowly as Wanda took her place on the big swings, located in the secluded region of the park, away from the other children and their families as well as her own. Wanda sought a moment of solitude, away from all the commotion, and she was granted her wish of peace. Steve and Natasha were visiting their friend Maria today/ tonight so the men had been left to supervise the kids, Wanda was fine with the arrangement, as she enjoyed their company. They very quickly became like family to the girls however, they were a bit smothering, as they were constantly concerned about Wanda and AJ when they didn't necessarily need to be. Wanda understood why though, she and Aj had both been through a lot and the guys cared for them, the last thing any of them wanted was for either girl to go through anything bad again.