Chapter 38

Time: To take a trip
Place: Avengers compound

everyone had been constantly searching for the girls ever since Peter had told everyone about the girls being in the red room, with Steve and Tony flying across the globe, trying to follow up upon any leads that they could, but nothing was leading anywhere, as their quest felt like it was a constant dead end. Natasha however hadn't left her room, only speaking to Bucky or Clint when they stopped by to check on her. She hadn't spoken to Steve. The stress and pain associated with the girls still being held captive in the Red Room was immense and had been causing the couple to constantly argue and snap at each other over nothing. They were a team and they always stuck together but right now they were both hurting and they didn't know how to help each other. So they kept their distance.

Bucky entered her room with lunch.

"I got us Sandwiches from the place down the road. Can I just say, I've got your sandwich order down" he boasted as he handed Nat a sandwich.

Nat unwrapped the Sandwich, scrunching her nose, "Ham, Cheese and Mayo?"

"Wait no. That's my one,
this one's yours, Italian sub"

Nat gave Bucky a thankful smile and the two of them enjoyed their lunch together.
Taking a breathe from the last couple of stressful weeks they had been through.

"Oh yeah that reminds me, this came for you" Bucky handed Nat the parcel he had put on the bedside table.

"I didn't order anything" Nat furrowed her eyebrows as she took the parcel from him.

Nat opened up the parcel, quite intrigued by the contents, and when she opened the box, she froze. The red glowing vials within the box being something that caught her eye, but were quickly cast aside as she recognized the photo enclosed within the parcel. She picked it up, it had been from what felt was a lifetime ago. She remembered the day it had been taken. Her and her little sister in a Photo Booth, Nat was around 11 smiling wide and her little sister Yelena was on her lap, the 6 year old had a gappy smile. They were both so happy. Nat examined the picture for a couple of minutes before she reached for the box again, rummaging through it to see if there was anything else but the red vials. There wasn't. She looked on the delivery sticker to see where the package had come from, it had come from a location in Baudapest. A location she was familliar with.

"Bucky we need to go to Baudapest"
She told him, already starting to pack a bag.

"What?"

"The parcel it's from Yelena"

"Your sister? Are you sure?"

"I'm certain Buck. We have to go and find her, she might know where the girls are"

"Well then looks like it's
time to take a trip"

"Pack a bag and meet me
on the quinjet in 20 minutes"
she ordered.

"Okay" Bucky nodded as he headed towards the door, "What about the others? Are we taking them with us?"

Nat thought about his question. She wanted to take the others but she had a feeling this family reunion wasn't going to be smooth sailing and the others didn't know about her past, they'd have so many questions and she didn't want that to get in the way of finding the girls.