Chapter 16

Time: To sleep
Place: Barton's Home

The family's amusement-filled day came to a close, as everybody began to make their way up to their bedrooms, tomorrow was the 4th which meant they were going to have an even busier day. Steve held a sleeping AJ, having taken her upstairs and into her room, which she was sharing with Wanda, who was dressed for bed and brushing out her hair by the mirror.
She smiled at Steve as he entered. He pulled the covers back and placed AJ down, tucking her in and kissing her head before walking over to Wanda who was sat at the vanity.

"A little birdie told me you made
Tony lose bowling" he smirked at the
teen keeping his voice at a hushed volume
not wanting to wake AJ up.

"I have no idea what you're
talking about" Wanda played dumb
"But how was your date?"

"It went really well.
We just went for ice cream"

"Did you ask her to
be your girlfriend?"

"No,you can't ask someone out after
the first date" Steve laughed.

"Why not? You and Nat
are perfect for one and
other"

"Sweetheart that's not how it works.
don't worry when the times right
I'll ask Tasha to be my girlfriend"

"Promise?"

"I promise Wands"

Wanda appeared to be quite content with what he had shared, being appeased entirely by their mutual exchange of promises. As she bid Steve a goodnight and proceeded to make her way towards the bed, she halted just briefly to embrace him in a hug, the two briefly exchanging a hug , before Steve planted a kiss upon the top of the teens head.

"Good Night kiddo,
sleep well"

——————

Clint had limited space for the group to crash, of course Nat had her own room so she was sorted however she had to crash with Steve not that she was complaining of course. The two had shared a bed on occasions, they often had greys anatomy marathons at the weekends and would fall asleep but this time it was different. They laid intertwined as they slept, with Steve his arms wrapped around her, keeping her close to him, his embrace served to shield and protect her. A steady rhythm of tranquility flowed through their bodies, their breathing and heartbeats grew to be in perfect synchronicity, like a matching melody of a duet, a true harmony was created. For the first time ever Nat had slept through the whole night.

It was of course a regular occurrence for Aj to slip into Tashas' bed most nights seeking comfort from nightmares. Last night had been no exception, this morning Nat woke up to a small body snuggled in between her and Steve. However Nat was a little startled to find her teenager curled into her other side, it was certainly out of character for Wanda,she knew the teen had nightmares but unlike Aj Wanda didn't like getting help Nat guessed that had to do with her age and her being 14 making her want to be independent but Wanda was still a kid as much as she tried to deny it and there was only so much trauma she could endure on her own before she completely broke.

The woman was very content as she took in the sight of her newly found family, cuddled up together in the bed, and she felt a tremendous sense of fulfillment and pride within herself, as this moment represented her being at her happiest and most content with the state of her life.