Chapter 4

Steve and AJ sat in silence, enjoying each other's company, he did not attempt to force the girl to talk during the time that they spent together, which AJ seemed to deeply appreciate, as it afforded her the time necessary to become more comfortable with his presence and she eventually initiated a small conversation with him.
During this time, they bonded over a game of soccer on the television, Aj hadn't seen the sport before but it seemed appealing. Steve proposed taking AJ out to play soccer the next day, and the girl appeared to be incredibly excited by the idea.

Wanda appeared to have opened up significantly to Natasha regarding the details of her past, sharing a great deal of information about herself, much to Natasha's surprise and relief. The girl did not appear to remember a great deal of her prior existence before hydra. Nat feared that both girls might prove to remain closed-off and reluctant to share like she had once been when Clint had taken her in, but Wanda seemed to have shattered that notion, at least for the moment.

-----

Wanda and AJ watched as Nat and Steve reluctantly walked down the hall with Nick Fury. Her old cell mate at Hydra use to tell Aj bedtime stories, her favorite was always Peter Pan because of the pirates. Nick fury was what the girl had imagined a pirate to look like.

"He seemed cool.
He had one eye like a pirate"

"Pirates aren't
real dumbass"

Wanda laughed at the younger
girl as she put a protective Arm around her,
Checking over the now stitched gash on her head.

"How's the head?"

"Not bad it doesn't hurt
that bad anymore" Aj shrugged.

Wanda was aware the younger girl had endured much worse pains but she was still worried about the girls head regardless.
AJ snuggled closer into Wanda's side this has been the safest she has felt all day, she looked up at the teen with bright eyes and a small smile .

"You know Wands
I like Natasha and Steve
they're nice"

Wanda had thought it would take Aj a little longer to come around but she was wrong.
She was certainly thankful though as she knew this was the best place for both of them.

"Yeah I like them to"

"I think Pietro would of
liked them and the compound"

AJ spoke with a hint of worry in her voice not sure wether she should of mentioned the boy at all. The mention of his name broke Wanda's heart she missed her brother so much but she didn't have time to grieve him. She had to make sure Aj was okay, her little sister was all she had left.

"You know he's still with you.
He's right there"

Wanda told Aj as she pointed to the girls chest, reminding Aj that the boy would always be in her heart no matter what.

"But only half of him is here because the other half of him is in your Heart"Aj reminded Wanda.

Wanda chuckled sadly and agreed with the girl. It was definitely going to be hard without P but at least they had each other.

"Wanda we've got
each other right"

"Always Aj"