Chapter 26

Time: To relax
Place: Central Park

The sun set and darkness slowly began to creep its way into the night sky, and the gentle touch of a cooling little breeze was an indication that the previous season of summer was indeed over,the temperature in New York had dropped a lot the last couple of days, Autumn had arrived. Steve had wrapped his arm around Natasha, his other hand affectionately holding hers as they walked through Central Park. It was nice to get some time alone even if it meant walking the dog as an excuse to do so.

"This is nice"
Steve smiled as he looked at Nat.

"It certainly is"

"I've missed you"

"Steve I see you everyday"

"Yeah but I mean I've missed
just you. We have a very busy household"

Nat hummed. Steve made a good point, the place had felt extremely crowded recently, she hadn't mentioned it but she had thought about maybe getting a house for them and the girls. As much as she loved the avengers it was difficult having so many people around and she wanted her attention to be on raising her daughters but with the distractions of the compound sometimes Nat worried that the girls weren't getting the attention they needed. The girls were fine, they were the happiest they had ever been but Nat was their mom so she of course worried about them.

The couple spoke for hours, having an extensive conversation where the words simply flowed like the most beautiful of rivers and streams, and the discussion ran quite smoothly between them, covering all kinds of matters and topics, of everything and anything at all. Steve was quite smitten and was utterly enthralled by the sight of a smiling Natasha, as he felt his insides melt at the mere sight of her, and his most heartfelt desire was to make her smile every single day for the rest of their lives.

Steve glanced at Nat once more, this time holding his gaze slightly longer. Nat turned to face him,raising her eyebrow at him.

"Don't look at me like that, you're beautiful
It's hard not to stare" Steve chuckled.

Nat went red at the compliment as she looked down at the floor. Steve gently used his thumb to lift her chin up, until her eyes would meet his, and when she did, Steve proceeded to plant a kiss upon her lips, only withdrawing from it when she smiled.

With the sudden and unexpected surge of confidence within him, Steve took a deep breath before speaking.

"Tasha be my girlfriend?"
He asked.

Nat's lips curled into a smile as she nodded.
She had been waiting for him to grow some balls and ask her to be his girlfriend, she knew it was coming though considering he had accidentally dropped the L bomb a couple of weeks ago.

"Is that a yes?"

"Of course it's a yes Steve"

——-

Aj excitedly jumped into her older sisters bed, as the two of them had planned to have a bit of a sisterly sleepover , which they were indeed quite eager for, as it was quite needed and overdue.

"How's school?"
Wanda asked, the two
hadn't really discussed
the topic.

"Maths is really boring but other then that it's pretty good. What about you?"