Chapter 56

"The ants go marching seven by seven, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching seven by seven, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching seven by seven, The little one stops to pray to heaven And they all go marching down to the ground
To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"

Bucky threw his head back as Tommy continued to sing. Wanda has cried so much she had fallen asleep so poor Bucky was having to endure this torture alone.

"The ants go marching eight by eight, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching eight by eight, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching eight by eight, The little one stops to roller skate And they all go marching down to the ground To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" Tommy continued to sing. It helped him distract his mind from the needles close by as they continued to wait to be seen by one of the medical team.
"The ants go marching nine by nine, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching nine by nine, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching nine by nine,The little one stops to check the time And they all-"

"Tommy stop" Bucky groaned, he couldn't take it anymore. The boy had been doing this for the last 30 minutes, he had sung through the song twice already, Bucky didn't want to hear it again. He felt like he was going insane.

"I can sing a different Rhyme" Tommy shrugged as he began to think of something else to sing, "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes yee-haw!
She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes yee-haw! She'll be coming round the mountain,She'll be coming round the mountain, she'll be-"

"Tommy please" Bucky sighed, he knew Tommy was just trying to distract himself and he felt bad asking him to stop giving that it was the boys coping mechanism. However Bucky felt like his brains were on the verge of exploding.

"Sorry" Tommy apologized sheepishly, he didn't mean to be annoying but as time went on he was growing more anxious in the environment and needed something to take his mind of it all.

"Don't apologize it's okay" Buck smiled back, "singing just isn't a talent of yours and I'd rather not have to listen to you screech like a dying cat" Buck teased in attempt to lift the mood. Which was ultimately successful as Tommy laughed.

"I consider myself to be an exceptional singer actually" The boy cried In faux-hurt before a smirk grew on his face, "but I am an even better rapper if you'd like to hear"

"God no please don't do that" Buck laughed as he shut the idea down rather quickly.

Bucky seemed to have found a way to distract Tommy by engaging with the teenager in a conversation about basketball, the two of them apparently in a debate as they discussed their respective favorite teams. While Bucky supported the New York Knicks, Tommy seemed to have a stronger interest in the Miami Heat, trying to persuade Bucky to change his allegiance.

A few minutes later, Doctor Cho stepped into the room. She looked around briefly, acknowledging the presence of the two teens, before she addressed Bucky, "sorry I took so long"

"It's okay. Any updates?" Bucky asked referring to Steve.

Helen shook her head, "I'm afraid not. We should have updates in the next hour or so.
I wouldn't worry to much, Mr Rogers is strong"

Bucky nodded as he watched her head over to the table to grab her equipment.
"Well let's get these kiddos checked up before they get too bored"