The Bus (Benny Rodriguez)

I walk onto the bus with the team. I sit in the way back, Yeah-Yeah taking the one seater before me.

"That's my seat, dickhead!" I whisper. He shrugs.

"Not anymore." He smirks. I roll my eyes and sit with Benny. He was on the inside.

"Shit!" He mumbles. I laugh.

"What?" I smile.

"I forgot to do my homework!" He scoffs. The boys laugh along with me. "It's not funny!" He whispers annoyed.

I sigh. I take off my backpack and put it on my lap, and unzip it. I grab out my folder and grab the homework page out.

"Thank you." He grabs the piece of paper and starts copying down my answers. They're probably wrong, but at least he has something down, right?" "Here." He hands it back.

"Hey, wanna go to the Sandlot after school?" Smalls smiles.

"Sounds good to me!" I smile. Benny puts his head on my lap.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan." He smiles. He sighs and keeps his head on my lap.

"Tired?" I ask. He nods. I run my hands through the baseball boy's hair. He sighs in satisfaction. I giggle.

"That feels nice." He breathes. I snort but continue. Out of the blue, the bus comes to a sharp stop. "Ah!" Benny falls between the crack of the two seats. I burst out laughing. "Help me out here, mi amor." He mumbles as he puts his hand out. I take it and pull him up. He lays back down.

Just then, Phillip's gets on the bus. I scoff as he sits in front of Benny and I. The team sat in the front, except Yeah-Yeah.

"Dude, leave." Benny scoffs. He takes my hand and rubs his thumb in a circle in the palm of my hand.

"Fine." Phillip's scoffs as he gets up.

"Finally." I mumble.

"Indeed." Benny sighs. I smile as I look down at him. "What?" He smiles back.

"Oh, nothing," I shrug. "It's just that you look like a little baby." I tease. He groans as he gets up.

"Now I can't get comfortable!" His accent whines. I roll my eyes. Before we knew it, we were at school.

"Time to enter hell." I mumble. Benny laughs as his hands go on my waist to guide me off the bus. "I can walk, ya know?"

"I know you can." He shrugs. I scoff but let him guide me into hell.