Storms

Heyyy guys I'm back! I promise these new updates won't be corny like the other parts of this story 😭.

(Readers POV)

We had been playing for hours on end. No water breaks, just baseball. And it was exhausting. Of course, I, nor the team said anything to Benny, because well, he was the Benny. Baseball was more important than the team to Benny. Or so everyone thought.

Benny had caught me not paying attention to the game.

"Y/N?" I turned my gaze to Benny. "You alright? You look a little pale." He came closer to observe my face, his hand reaching to touch my face. I swat his hands away.

"Hands to yourself, Rodriguez." I snare. "I'm fine. It's just that it's not the nicest day out today."

He frowns slightly while puffing his lips. "If you want to go home you can, Y/N. I ain't gon' stop you."

I smile slightly. "Thanks, Ben." I kiss his cheek. "Goodnight."

He froze. "Yeah!" He said, louder that expected. "Uh.. I mean, y-you have a good night too." He cleared his throat.

I giggle at him, his cheeks growing red. "What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I shake my head. "You're just cute when you're embarrassed." I boop him on the nose. "See ya tomorrow, Rodriguez!"

Just then, it started pouring, thunder and lightning in the sky.

"Oh, come on!" Benny yells. I giggle as I run to the dugout, grabbing my stuff. Everyone screams and runs into the dugout, Ham being the loudest.

"It's just a little thunder, guys. Stop bein' a bunch of babies, you morons!" Benny announces.

I slap him on the shoulder. As he was about to yell, I cut him off.

"I'm not a moron, you moron!"

"Ah!" Benny yells and starts running off of the field. I chase him, the others following me.

We eventually stop chasing him, as he was too fast for any of us.

"You..!" Ham almost falls to the rain covered ground. "You cheater!"

"It's not my fault your fat, HAMmy." Benny shrugs as he stands next to Ham, patting him on the back.

"Shut up, hot stuff! You're fit, you're good looking! You're beautiful!" Ham whines. Everyone laughs.

"I guess I'm just gifted." Benny shrugs.

"Yeah okay, pal." I snort, rain getting me soaked, along with everyone else.

"Pal?"

"What would you rather," I state. "Pal or Bud."

"Uh," Benny raises a brow. "Is neither an option?"

I roll my eyes. "What a loser." I mumble as I walk away.

"Ah, ah, ah, missy." Benny catches up with me and drapes his arm around my shoulders. "Why do you think you can talk to me like that." He teases.

"Because we live in America, doofus." I say in a sassy tone.

"Okay," he trails the O. "So, want to come over to my place to spend the night?"

"Sure," I smile.

The team walks slowly in the rain. Benny and I walk behind the rest, talking about 9th grade drama.

"She's so annoying!" I whine. "She won't stop talking about her best friend!"

"Crazy," Benny says sassily. I click my tongue in annoyance.